Do you buy perfume and cologne on eBay?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by CinnamonBear • Sep 4, 2012.

1. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    Just wondering if anyone out there has ever purchased expensive colognes and perfumes on eBay.

I sometimes do, but I first make sure that the dealer has a lot of positive feedback.

However, I've read quite a few online discussions where people say that they have been ripped off by watered-down, inauthentic perfumes that were being sold online as the real thing. Has anyone here had this experience?

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have had this experience. I was thinking that I was buying GLOW by Jennifer Lopez and really it was this imitation that was similar. I paid $30.00 for this item.

When I got the item, it looked nothing like the picture and it wasn't even in the same bottle. I immediately wrote the seller and explain how mad I was. But after countless emails and zero response. I took out a case on her on PayPal. They never responded and after a couple days PayPal just gave me my money back and I had this cheap perfume. And to top it off I saw this perfume at the dollar store. They had all kinds of imitations. Now, I always check positive and negative feedback. If their score is below 90 I will not buy from them. And I write beforehand and tell them what I expect when I get the item.

3. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I have not bought perfume on eBay, but I have bought from Amazon. I did not get ripped off, and was happy with the purchase. I like buying various things from Amazon and I never have issues.

4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, that's quite a sad incident. Imagine buying something online and ending up with some fake substitute! This hasn't happened to me. I usually buy perfumes from an instore retailer who specializes in all brands of perfume, but I have purchased essential oils and other aromatherapy items from ebay. You are right. Unless the seller feedback is glowing, it is best to stay away from buying on ebay, no matter how tempting the price seems.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I got on a cologne kick a few years ago, and at one point, I probably had about 40 or so of them. My sister actually started selling my half used bottles of cologne on eBay. I couldn't believe people buy that kind of stuff on there, but they do. I did buy one bottle off of there a few months ago and sorta got ripped off, but it was really my fault for not reading the description accurately. They had a photo of the full size bottle, but what I was buying was one of those mini size bottles you see at like drug stores. So I thought I was getting a $60 for $12, and I didn't.

6. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like buying perfumes online. My friend used to do that quite often but last time she got a fake products. It was very expensive purchase and it seems the seller disappeared from that site.

7. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased any perfume from Ebay. I usually just buy perfume duty-free when I'm flying somewhere.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really big on perfume so whatever smells good to me than that's what i get so i get mines at dollar tree or stuff like that i don't pay a lot for it cause like i said i'm not big on it. But i did recently order some off of ebay so let's see what happens fingers crossed.

9. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't. I once ordered in amazon of a perfume for my girlfriend and it was expensive! I am not really a fan of perfumes or cologne and why would I wait for shipping if I could just by Axe cologne in front of my house! haha

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've bought some perfumes online and wasn't really left satisfied at all. For the price, I knew I wasn't buying something branded/original, but the perfumes I bought, I probably should have checked in a local store beforehand to know what they smelled like.

11. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    No, I don't buy perfume or cologne on eBay. I wouldn't do this especially if I have never smelled the scent before. Perhaps if I had purchased the scent before, I would buy it off of eBay if I found it for a good deal. I may be worried about the package breaking in the mail, but as long as it was covered by insurance then I suppose it would be fine.

12. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't bought any perfume nor cologne from Ebay or any of those online sources. I always go to Macy's, Norstrom or Sears or some of those stores like that so that I can smell what I am getting. I don't want to be tricked by those that say that they are selling the real deal.

13. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't do it. There are so many counterfeit items sold online and scents are hard to get right. I buy perfumes and colognes from Sephora or Ulta and I wait until there's a sale for around 20% off plus free stuff. CVS has good deals on some mid range brands as well. Lately I've seen groupons for certain scents as well. CK Euphoria (which smells great) was $25 I think through groupon.

14. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love perfumes and buy them at retail shops all the time. I have never bought this one thing online and no I wouldn't buy it on Ebay. I am glad I read this post.. it is good to be aware of these kind of things. I would be cautious about what I buy online especially from Ebay.