Do You Buy Seeds Online?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by kaka135 • Mar 26, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon Actually I find the cheapest way to grow things is from the leftover parts we eat, such as tomato seeds, some vegetable stems, as we do not need to buy them exclusively. I have not try buying seeds to plant yet, but only getting seeds or stems from my neighbors or the food we have eaten.

@janemariesayed@janemariesayed That's really good. My kids like to have flowers in the garden as they always attract butterflies, but I have not seen bees coming to my garden so far.

Do you mind sharing the website? Though I do not think I'd be able to claim the seeds as I am not staying US. :)

@Ray1@Ray1 That's what I am doing currently with my neighbors too. Most of them are planting vegetables, but I would like to start growing some herbs, so I am thinking of buying the seeds online.

#21Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was teaching an elementary agriculture before, I asked seedlings and seeds from the government particularly the Bureau of Plant Industry. They are giving them for free. If BPI is running out of seeds, we buy them from the local stores that sell seeds.

Since I was teaching an elementary agriculture before, I didn't have any problem of having a seeds for my pupils to plant in their garden. I had a best friend who supplied me of seeds of pechay, eggplant, radish, okra, cabbage, among others. Some of them were imported. They're stored in a can. I use them immediately to avoid the expiration of its germination period.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought seeds online, but if ever I intend to do so, I will browse locally in Olx first, then if it's not available then Ebay. I remember looking for aloe vera seeds and it was available in China on Ebay for only a dollar. So you might want to try browsing for Ebay for seeds.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I notice online,on sites like Amazon, they sell the big(jumbo) packets of vegetable seeds for a cheap price and organic heirlom seeds as well. They do offer some seeds that you won't find anywhere in your local stores,so I would have to give them a thumbs up for that. You should take a look at the seeds on Amazon,and see what you think?