Do you buy socks in bulk?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Aug 24, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to purchase socks in bulk. It was so easy to get a pack from Walgreens or some other drugstore for under $10. But, I noticed that they wore out quickly and the elastic wasn't that great. So now, I buy one singular pair that's good in quality and lasts for a long time.

My favorite pair of socks are tennis socks. They are thick, comfortable and durable. Also, they don't slide down from my ankles.

The kind I like . . .
    thumb_785_product_photogra_fullsize.

2. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I actually haven't. When I buy socks, it's usually just a pair of 10 from Target or something like that. I've gotten really cheap and bought some from the dollar store before but I guess when it comes to socks, you get what you pay for because those really suck lol.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, in bulk I buy them. Most times when buying in bulk I either get a better price or one more pair as a bonus, so it's worth it. Not to mention that by buying in bulk, the same model of socks, loosing one from a pair doesn't make the other useless - I can pair it with another since I have plenty more! Buying in bulk has no effect on the quality of the product, if the product is a quality one to start with :D

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy in bulk, usually a pack of five, because whatever happens I always lose a sock in the wash. I don't know how, but it happens so it easier to have the same socks so I can match them up. I buy black ankle socks so they all look the same.
    I do have some cashmere socks and longer length for boots, but they are expensive so i only buy a couple of pairs.

Cheaper socks don't last as long, but expensive socks still get worn out so I try not to spend too much on them. I was upset when a cashmere sock got a hole in it and I was left with just one!

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy packs of athletic socks in bulk because I am not too picky and just want to know I will always have a pair or two ready when I am getting ready to go to the gym. I tend to buy dress socks one pair at a time. I like cashmere socks or some with a bit of detail and they usually aren't available in multipacks.

6. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    What I generally so is to be the white tennis type bobby socks in bulk. Mainly because after a while they start losing their colour and loose their elasticity. For dress socks I generally only buy about 15 or so. That's mainly because I like changing up my socks every day and also to have some spare in my drawer.

7. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I buy socks in bulk all the time. I usually shop at Marshall's to get them. They have quality brands such as Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein that come in 6 pairs. The are fairly cheap too. They run maybe 6 dollars a pack. Not bad since they last for a long time.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I usually do! I will usually buy packs of four or six socks. They are always cheaper. I'm not a big fan of buying socks, I just get them for the obvious functionality. So for me it's an advantage to buy them in packs because then they will last me for longer, and I will spend less money.

9. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I buy socks by the dozen. The pack is good for the three guys in the house: 2 teen boys and hubby. They almost have the same size of feet. I find it cheaper to buy in bulk, too, especially during sale season. I just mark the socks to help them identify which ones are theirs. For myself, I don't usually buy socks in bulk because I only use foot socks and will only buy as needed since I don't use these foot socks a lot. I normally wear open toe shoes and strappy sandals, which don't really need foot socks.

10. Betsyake

BetsyakeMember

Threads:
    I have the same experience with you. Often I don't know where a sock is, so find the same one of the cocks to mach it.

11. Mochaisis

MochaisisNew Member

Threads:
    Although I do buy panyhose in bulk, I definitely don't buy socks in bulk. I hardly ever wear socks at all, and when I do, they are normally novelty socks (like for a holiday or something). I still have a pack of ankle socks my grandmother bought me that haven't even been opened yet. Pantyhose, though, I buy packs at a time. I have to wear them for work and church, and I tend to be a bit hard on them as well.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I usually buy mine in packs of 6 or 10. I don't have issues with them falling apart or the elastic stretching out, so it's not a big deal for me to buy multiples at a time.

13. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I buy socks in bulk and usually last me a decent while, if the dogs don't get to them first lol. I don't like buying socks that are solo because they usually cost more, that's what I've found anyway. Out of curiosity where are you buying your socks? I usually get them at walmart.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that as long as the socks are thick, then I think you can buy them in bulk because I noticed that those that come in pack of 3's or 6's are quite durable. Brand names also come into consideration too, because I buy a local brand, but it is durable, so I think the ones that are not branded are the ones liable to get worn out easily.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do because I tend to lose a lot of socks because I'm a bit messy and forgetful so I always lose small items like socks or scarfs. Buying in bulk helps a lot for someone like me because not only do I get a lot of backup but also since they are all the same design I can easily just interchange any pair without much worry. The only downside is that most of the time socks that are sold in bulk are usually ones that are a bit lacking in quality, but since they are so cheap it evens out in that I won't feel bad if I need to throw them out too early since they are not expensive.

16. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to buy socks in bulk especially for my kids. I have two boys who go through socks like crazy. I try and buy white sports socks in bulk and then if one is lost in the laundry or around the house the kids can still make a pair to wear. When we had Target in Canada I would buy my kids socks there but now I like to go Marshall's and buy socks in 4 packs. I'll even get 2 packs of 4 so they have 8 pairs of socks. Between their different sports I find my kids are always changing socks and need many pairs.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:No I don't buy socks in bulk. I buy the Walgreens special socks that are in their little sale bins. I saw a pair for just .99 and got them and they are very good. I do a lot of walking to catch the bus so it's important to have a good pair of socks. Here in Hawaii we don't need thick socks for the weather so it's easy to get a cheap pair of socks that lasts a few years so far.

18. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    More often than not yes - however that said - although I do generally prefer to buy multiple packs of 3 or 5 identical pairs - mainly because - as my OH has a tendency to wear one sock out sooner than the other - I find it more cost effective to buy them this way - as they're easily paired with the remaining ones. I will only do so - if they are pure cotton with smooth seams across the toes - as not only can socks with irregularly bulky seams across the toes be incredibly uncomfortable - but more importantly - not very economical either - particularly as neither of us would be inclined to wear them if they made our feet sore.

19. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy socks in bilk most of the time, yes. The only time that I will purchase singular socks is when I especially like the design of socks, and have to have the socks, regardless of saving money or not. But I would suggest that people buy socks in bulk for the majority of the time. It saves money.

20. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do buy socks in bulk. I'll usually buy around 10 pairs, exactly the same, at a time. As previous posters have already said, it's easy to pair them up and they can still be used even after one sock develops holes. I just stick to plain black socks as I only ever wear them with boots. Nobody sees them so it makes no difference if they are plain.