Do you buy something for the gift it offers?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by daimashin • Jan 4, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    You know like sometimes when you buy a toothpaste, there is a free gift like a plate or a cup. Do you get influenced to buy something based on the freebies? I'm a sucker for free stuff especially dishes so whenever I see these offers I'll buy them even though I've never tried the brand before.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only items that encouraged me to buy it because of the freebies that it offers are those chocolate powdered drinks for kids and those McDonald's Happy Meals, because they offer free toys when you buy them, and that was when I was around 9 to 10 years old, lol. Nowadays, I haven't experienced yet that situation where I would buy something because it offers a freebie.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That does influence me a lot actually! I always get stuff I don't need, or even want, because they have bonus gifts with it. I recently spent a lot at Sephora getting NARS products because it came with a "secret gift". I ended up paying a lot for something I didn't want or need, and the gift was a lipgloss... I don't like lipglosses!
    Anyway, I need to stop doing stuff like that, I will be broke soon if I don't.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm guilty at being influenced by freebies once in a while. There was a cream that I use all the time and it came with a mini version that was good for nails and dry skin. I took advantage of this and purchased about 5. Well, living in this world, the government charges so much in taxes, hardly anything is free, so why not? I still have some to this day actually, it works very good!

5. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I bundled my services with Time Warner because they offered a free Galaxy tablet with the service. I was going to do it anyway. So it was an easy decision to take the free tablet. I also have a cousin who purchased "The Hopper" With Dish Network to get the free iPad.

6. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    No, I actually don't think I do this. At least I can't remember the last time I did. I think this is mainly because there aren't all that many offers like that where I live, at least I don't think so. Perhaps I don't really look for it either. I think most of those offers entails buying a large quantity of some product to get the freebie and since I live alone I rarely buy large quantities of anything..

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yes! But it's only when it's something I would actually use or could re-gift. There are a lot of crappy gifts that get tacked onto items that I would never use, so I ignore those offers. If I can come up with a use for it, though, or can give it away to someone else, then sometimes it does make it worthwhile to buy that item anyway.