Do you buy used, clearance & sale, or regular priced clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lrd913 • Oct 5, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to limit my purchase of used clothing as the chemicals used to preserve them are harmful to the lungs. Nowadays, I have a knack for buying dresses and shirts during mall-wide sales or clearance sales (can't help it since local malls are keen to have a sale every month). I have no problem buying regular-priced clothing either. I know a few good stores that sell affordable yet high quality clothes.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy only used clothing. I no longer even look at the new clothing because even clearance prices are higher than Good will or the local consignment store. I haven't looked at clothing in a long time though as I don't need any new items right now and I have absolutely no spare money whatsoever.

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy clothes that are regular priced. My number one shopping spot is Goodwill. As you mentioned, there are many clothes there that are new right off the rack! It's a steal of a bargain. Other times I shop in the clearance section of regular stores.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try and but from discounted and clearance areas as much as possible because it's the best way to build up a wardrobe of good quantity without being too harsh on your wallet. When I already have a good enough stock I'd buy some regular or expensive items here and there just to mix it up. I don't mind discounted clothing because they are usually top brands anyway that just never got sold, so they are usually of good quality anyway even though I bought them cheap. The only real hurdle is finding the gems.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy clothes on sale, or from outlet centers, if I have a coupon or gift certificate etc. Cothing is expensive and we need to get all the breaks we can when it comes to buying clothes. Fortunately there are all sorts of coupons, and discounts that you can get on discounts. There are many ways to save money on clothes.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never bought used clothes before. I'm not sure why, I just don't see the value on that. ... Someone else already use them! I tried to buy clothes on clearance for on a sale, but if I really like something I will buy it at the regular price.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will always buy discount clothing if I have the chance to do so. If there is nothing wrong with the item, I don't see any reason that I should pay full price for it just because it's seen as "uncool" to get it for cheaper. I go to a lot of second hand stores, too, and take a look at the things that they have on offer there. Nobody knows whether the things you buy are new or second hand other than you, so you might well be wasting a lot of money for quite literally no reason at all.

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The clearance and sale racks are dear friends of mine. The only problem is that sometimes there’ll be nothing in my size that I like. So if I see something I love, it fills a gap in my wardrobe, and it’s full price, I do tend to buy it, but that’s a pretty rare occasion. I’m not someone who needs a ton of clothing, and it’s always better when I find a good deal on something I want or need.

9. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    When I shop for clothes, I'm not really looking into the price as much as I whether I like it or not. My first priority is that I have to like the piece of clothing for me to even think about spending money on it because to me, I have to really feel comfortable wearing it or else no matter how cheap it is, it just wouldn't be worth it. The point of buying clothes is to wear them frequently and using it to it's full extent. I've found out if I bought clothes because they were cheap, I just end up wasting money because I find myself not even wearing them frequently. Then it's basically a waste of money no matter how cheap it was because you never wear them.

With that being said, I do go buy clothes at cheap clothing stores like TJ MAXX, Kohls, Marshalls or Ross but very rarely because I barely see anything that's even worth spending a penny on. The clothes there are just cheap and fit very awkwardly on me. Therefore, instead of spending little dollars on clothes I wouldn't want to wear, I'd rather just go to the mall and spend money on clothes I'd love :D.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I shop for clothes, I am primarily looking for clothes that take my fancy, and clothes that I think will flatter my frame, as I am quite short and slender, but have a bug bust, and can look blocky in certain types of clothing. Secondarily, I look at the prices. I don't deliberately go to the clearance section or anything like that, but if clothes from that section pique my interest, then I am not opposed to purchasing them or anything like that.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty keen on shopping for clothes at the end of their season when they are marked down to almost nothing, then saving them for next year. Fortunately I dress rather plain when out in public - just dress shirts and khaki's and dress shoes - and occasionally jeans. Around the house or when running errands I only wear athletic shorts, a t-shirt and maybe a sweater. So I'm not really following any particular fashion trends.

Clothes that I wear, such as Dockers, or RoundTree & Yorke, or Nautica, or Chaps, are pretty much the same year after year, so it's not really noticeable that I'm wearing "last year's" selection of shirts or pants.

My main thing is I would much rather buy the clothes brand new but steeply discounted, than buy then pre-worn.

12. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I will purchase clothes on sale or from the clearance rack. I will also buy clothes at full price depending on how bad I want it. I don't think I will buy use clothes, even though that is a good way to save money. So far I've searched for discounted online stores. So far I have come across two, and that's clothing under 10 dollars and 1015 store. Those are two great websites to get discounted clothing.

13. Amira Jackson

Amira JacksonNew Member

Threads:
    I think clearance sale is good for getting things on cheap price.

#33Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mix it up, sometimes when there's a good sale, I'll go and have a good rummage. But I know this isn't for everyone. I don't rely only on clearance/sale items, though. If I have money and I see stuff I like, I go for it. One place that I find is good for sale items is TK Maxx, and I go there and scour the section, but will also look at full price stuff.