Do You Buy Vinyls Online? And Do You Buy Vinyls At All?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Robilas • Jul 8, 2016.

1. Robilas

RobilasMember

Threads:
    I admit it, vinyls are my guilty pleasure. Even if I have a lot of CDs at home and Spotify, and I bought an iPod back in the days, I've always loved my vinyls collection, since listening to them gives a different vibe. It just feels so different, and I'm always looking for used vinyls at local stores, and I buy also new vinyls from time to time: the last one was "A Moon Shaped Pool" by Radiohead.

The downside is that they are quite expensive compared to CDs or services like Spotify so it's hard to find good deals. I really would like to buy vinyls online but a lot of friends were quite sceptical about it, since they had bad experiences buying used vinyls online: they were often scratched or damaged, and the audio quality wasn't high. Buying a vinyl at a local store implies that you can listen to it using a record player before deciding; buying it online means that you can't do that.

So what do you recommend? What are the best sites to buy vinyls online? Can I trust Amazon and the other usual sellers?

2. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    I see amazing sales on vinyl all the time at used book stores, record stores, and yard sales, that I never thought of ordering them online unless it's a very special new album. Last time I moved I let 4 crates of them go for a song, only saving a few of my favorites to keep. I think you should be able to find a lot of deals like this if you regularly check local ads and craigslist. You can probably set up some keyword searches that will alert you when new ads are posted too.

Good luck! I agree, they are a lot of fun to listen to when you are just kicking back at home! I use streaming services also but I like to throw a vinyl record on now and then!

3. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I buy vinyl online only if I really really like the packaging. I do not have a record player. The albums are mainly for display or collector purposes. I have about 20 vinyl records right now and I will try not to buy any more, but sometimes a release from my favorite band or the soundtrack to a good movie is too tempting.

I know that discogs.com has a really great marketplace to buy and sell vinyl on. Usually it is better than ebay, and good for rarer finds.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Try looking for Facebook groups that are dedicated to selling or buying/trading vinyls. Also, try visiting Craigslist or Olx and see if there are people there selling vinyls and ask them for a meet-up if they're near your place to ensure the "smoothness" of the vinyls.

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've always wanted to own a Vinyl but i don't know where to start, also I'm not sure if i know how to work it. I still lack knowledge of the basics of Vinyl so i think it's best if i should do some research before i get one.