Do you buy workout clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • May 2, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those of you who like to stay fit, do you add a few fancy workout clothing like specially designed jogging skirts/shorts, elastic yoga attire and such kind of stuff?

For me, I prefer using some of my old clothes when working out. A t-shirt and a baggy pair of pants. I understand this could be pushing it a little too far but at least I don't have to spend $50 or so for workout clothes.

Do you buy them or use what you already have?

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I play tennis and I get real sweaty so I buy the t-shirts and shorts, they need to be dry-fit or else I'll be soaked. I always look for promotions, just yesterday Nike outlet was with an insane discount from 50 to 80%, but I didn't buy anything, I have enough stuff already lol.

3. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty hard on clothes that I work out in. I also like to wear them while doing yard work. So, I end up buying the cheap Hanes or Fruit of the Loom t-shirts and shorts. The shorts usually run close to $5. Id I stain better t-shirts, I end up wearing them for work outs and yard work. I would estimate that I spend maybe $25 a year on work out clothes.

4. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think it's important to be wearing the appropriate clothes during workout. Not only will they make you look good, they are also going to help your body for a particular purpose. For example, most workout leggings are not only simple leggings. They actually help lift up your thighs and also keep your muscles toned. It's really worth it to be investing on these types of clothing.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes to look fashionable when I work out. I really think a lot of the gear looks silly. It even looks worse on someone who clearly doesn't put in the effort working out. I buy workout gear to be functional. As I cycle a lot and often am prone to doing long rides, cycling shorts are a must for the extra padding. The need to be tight so they don't move around and rub but, like most people, I don't have the body to pull off that look. I wear loose shorts over top unless it is too hot and usually a old T-shirt but sometimes dryweave.

6. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I'm the same way. I just want to be comfortable. Sports bra, t-shirt, and some yoga pants do it for me. I don't see the point in paying lots of money for something I'm just going to work out in. Except, a lot of my yoga pants are made really well and I can dress them up with a nice top and some cute shoes and be extra comfortable when I'm out shopping.

7. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree! Cute yoga pants can be dressed up for an easy, casual shopping trip or coffee. I have a black pair that I can't bring myself to work out in. They're perfect for running errands when jeans are too restricting and sweat pants are too casual. Happy medium.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't buy work out clothing. Most of the stuff that labeled for exercise, and is way more expensive then what it should be, and it's all skin tight, which I hate. I'd much rather wear some cut sweatpants and a t-shirt then they fancy bull they try to sell you.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely buy workout clothes! That makes me more prone to wanting to workout - knowing I'll have a nice outfit to wear when I go to the gym. And you don't need anything too fancy or expensive. Ross for example always has Nike t-shirts and stuff for around 10-12 dollars!

10. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I just wear whatever is comfortable to wear when I'm doing workout. Though having a proper workout clothing is an extra for comfort but they seem to be so expensive nowadays even if the models are quite old. What I dislike is most workout clothing seem to be more into fashion too nowadays, well at least in my place. Maybe that's why they are getting more and more expensive.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't buy expensive workout clothes at all. I buy the cheapest possible usually actually, such as shorts and tank tops for a quarter or 50 cents are yard sales.

The exception to that are the core pieces that DO matter. For example, I will spend a bit more on my bra because I need the support while working out. The same goes for sneakers, too. My feet and ankles have issues, so if I'm going to be doing anything high-impact, then I need a good pair of shoes.

12. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    These days I do all my exercises, push-ups and squats, in the house so there's no need to be picky about what I'm wearing. Usually a pair of old pants and an old t-shirt are enough. There are times when I go out for a run so better clothes are needed, but even then, I don't buy fancy workout clothing - I just use some of my better clothes.

Now, if I were to go at one of those fancy gyms, I'd probably buy some proper equipment. But until then, I'll stay indoors like the cheap bastard that I am :eek:

13. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I would like to own a nice little workout fit! Unfortunately, I do not. I usually just throw on a pair of legging or some basketball shorts when I'm working out. I have plenty of old t-shirts that I no longer wear as part of my casual day wear so I usually pull one out of the draw and throw that on as well.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I just use what I already have, because I just jog anyway when I workout, so there's really no need to dress up. But I think that if you go to the gym, then you must invest in workout clothes because you don't really want to attract the wrong kind of attention because you don't look presentable enough when you go to the gym, right?

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do buy separate workout clothes. I don't spend much money on them. I buy most of my workout clothes at Ross Dress for Less. I can get workout pants for under $10, but I usually pay about $6 or $7. Tops are really cheap too. I don't care about looking sexy when i workout.

16. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    When I first started working out I would use clothes that I already have. After a couple of weeks, I realized that maybe my attire wasn't the best for my workouts. I usually shop at Marshalls because they have really good deals on workout clothing. I would not spend 50$ on an outfit. I might spend that much for a good pair of running shoes.

17. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    I was opposed to buying clothes to work out in at first because I didn't understand why you needed special clothes just to work out in. But after awhile I realized that it is much more effective to work out in tight clothes to help you run faster and sweat more. Also, the right shoes/ sneakers should be worn to caution injury.

18. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I like to wear appropriate clothing to work out in for comfort and mobility/flexibility sake. I feel I can get a better workout if I'm in clothing that breathes and moves with me. That being said, I'm not going to break the bank doing so, especially since my exercise clothes really take a beating. So I try to find bargains on fitness wear or even find stuff at thrift stores. Maybe once I get into better shape, I can reward myself with something a little bit more expensive, but until then, bargain rack, here I come.

19. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I have a lot of gym shirts and shorts from back when I still had to take gym classes. I have track pants and sweatpants from regular shopping, and I can easily get tank tops by buying them in a package at Costco for cheap. I see no point in spending extra money to buy special "workout clothes", since they tend to be pretty expensive. They are clothes you are going to sweat in, save your money for something nicer.

20. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. I have to. I workout a lot. I am an athlete. Where will I get my workout clothes if not to buy them? Besides I really enjoy outfitting myself with workout clothes, so I find it perfectly fine for me to shop for new ones.