Do you buy your computers online or in store?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Dude • Apr 1, 2012.

1. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    If the online store offers it with warranty, then I see no reason in stressing myself out by going to be stores to buy, when I can enjoy the exact same service buying it online at the comforts of my home.

Before I decide to buy my computers or Laptops online, I will definitely ensure that it's a trustworthy online store such as Amazon, Yaduala, eBay and Jumia, that I consider buying from because they will offer you the best service and products for your money.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The desktops here have never bought a computer online (but I don't have anything against anyone that does). Instead, our family computers have all been bought at WalMart. In fact, I also think the laptops were bought there also.

Anyway, if you're looking for savings, though, I suspect online is better.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I already bought both ways and I don't see any problem in that. this is one of the types of products that I can buy peacefully in the online stores. Sometimes, it's even better for the pocket. :)

4. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Wow! that was amazing that you only buy pair parts and assemble your own computer and you can really save money having such talent. I don't usually buy computer or gadget online. I think it is not advisable. I prefer to buy a gadget in the computer store and check it by myself. I want to test it first if it is functioning well. Sometimes, the problem when you are buying online, is when there are defects. It will take days or months before they can replace it.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think I like buying online these days as far as computers go-and some reasons for this,is that the stores(brick&mortar) are sometimes out of stock as well. Also brick-and-mortar stores are always higher usually and they try to make you buy extras and things you don't need with their pushy salesmen. So places like Walmart.com are going to be cheaper than your local Walmart, because when buying in the store, they almost never usually stock that much,as far as choices go-and if they do have it in the store, its a lot higher in price as well.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow all of you who can build your computers terrific! I can't build a computer even if my life depended on it, lol. I buy my laptop online on sale, use ebates.com get money back for my purchases and pick up in store within an hour of purchase. I was happy with my purchase and money back from ebates.com. The shop I bought it from is Office Depot which is just down the boulevard about 20 min. by bus, so it's so easy to do it the way I do to save money and get what I want the same day.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I still don't know how to assemble my own PC, so I have no choice but to buy them either pre-built or 2nd hand. So far, my 2 previous PC's were bought online, they were 2nd hand units, although if I had a choice I would always want a brand new one over a 2nd hand one since the 2nd hand ones don't really last.

8. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I do not suggest buying computer parts on the internet. I already experienced a lot of defective items or electrical products on the internet. I noticed that prices on the internet is a bit more cheaper than those on the malls. Sometimes those small difference in price can save you a lot of time and effort because of the need to return defective products bought from the online. Although I am not very sure if it is just our country that has a lot of defective electronic items in circulation online.

9. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my purchases are done online, especially computers. I believe that purchasing online, I can get good quality computers at an affordable price. I have no knowledge on how to assemble a computer, therefore, I just order the already assembled one.

10. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I just buy the components online and then plug them in/ assemble the PC myself. It's about 15 - 20 % cheaper to just assemble the PC myself compared to buying an already built identical configuration PC in a store. I would consider buying a used PC if the price was good however.

11. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    When I was looking for a computer two months ago I started my search online and then I went to Best Buy and went to buy the computer but they were sold out. So I had to order it and wait for it to be shipped to the store. Usually, I buy all of my computer parts from New Egg and build my own computer.

But I didn't have the time or money to build my own computer. So I had to finance the computer and it only took 3 days to ship it to the store. So I was only out of a computer for 3 days.

12. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    The cost of shipping is what made me had a rethink about ordering mine online as well. I prefer to do the shopping at a store instead of going online for it.

13. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    It's awesome to note that it took it just three days to have a new computer for what you do. Here takes more than a week or close to two weeks and that's the reason I've decided to have a rethink on the matter.

14. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought a computer from an online store, I always buy at physical stores because it gives me an idea on what computer should I buy. Also, I have trust issues when ordering online because scammers are everywhere.

I don't know how to build a computer so I always buy a ready-made computer.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Though I have a very good and reliable online store which I patronize in my purchases of electronic gadgets, cellphone, among others, but when regard to computer or laptop I would prefer to buy it in store. You have enough time to test it for its functionality and it is easier to get a replacement in case it bogs down during the warranty period.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always thought that buying a computer/laptop online was risky but not anymore. Ever since my country India has its own eCommerce sites like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Infibeam and Amazon India besides a number of others besides the companies giving the facility to select online and pickup from their local branch/dealer the things have changed. The companies provide full guaranty and warranty so there is nothing to worry about and take full advantage of buying online.