Do you buy yourself Presents?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Oct 14, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I give myself little gifts here and there, usually after I achieved something that I have been working for for a long time. Also, sometimes when I feel down or depressed, I go out and buy myself a new book or something that I've been thinking of for a long time.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sure do purchase my self a gift when I have been a good girl. No one else will get me what I want. I like to get myself a pair of earrings or a nice bracelet every once in awhile. A person should not feel bad to purchase a gift for themselve. Some people never think about themselves, always purchase for others.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I love buying myself gifts and presents. It's actually not that bad to reward yourself for a job well done, specially if you've worked hard for it. Sometimes, it wouldn't hurt to spend a little bit of money pampering yourself. ;)

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I do try to avoid buying something for myself when I’m shopping for gifts for others, but I’ve done it. Though I like to think it’s functional, not just on impulse. I usually limit my self-gifts to untried/untested products I’m considering giving/sending my friends, like bars of handcrafted soap, etc. and I’ve actually discovered a few of my favorite products this way. However, it’s part of the reason I have way too much makeup, so I had to put a stop to that particular habit.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy something nice for myself whenever I can afford it. Sometimes, I deliberate if I should buy it since I don't need it and it will just get stuck at home for sure, but I still buy it anyway to please myself, lol.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. If I want something and I can afford it, then I just get it. I'm not the kind of person that would be driven by self-motivation like this, and also it just seems weird to me tto give myself gifts as motivation. I'm a grown person, I need to be able to do the stuff I need to do without having to force motivation on myself..

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do occasionally pick myself up a gift when I am out shopping for others, but I call it a treat rather than an actual gift. If I have done well with my online work or something, then I will reward myself for my hard work. What is the point of life if you can't indulge on a self gift once in a while? I typically buy myself a new piece of clothing or jewelry.

8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I treat myself every now and then especially after days of hard work. Sometimes i will treat myself with my favorite food or buy things that I like. (Clothes, shoes etc.) I also make sure that I travel atleast once or twice a year to unwind and recharge. I believe that no matter how busy we are, we still need to give time to ourselves. Pamper ourselves every now and then.

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit I’ve been doing this a bit more often lately. I still try to keep it within reason, though. No new makeup ;) And if there’s something I’m no longer using which falls into the same category as something I’ve just bought, the older item gets donated. I still have a limited amount of space and I still don’t like owning too many things.

I’m still not making enough to splurge and be extravagant toward myself, nor do I particularly want to (splurge/be extravagant toward myself - I’d actually like to make more money so I can spoil my friends as much as they spoil me, haha). I’ve also realized over the past few years that I have a tendency toward small bursts of comfort-shopping. Which is fine on occasion, but I really need to watch that it doesn’t become a habit.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes is my answer to the thread title. I don't usually do it but sometimes I buy myself a Christmas present. All my watch were bought by me and always on occasions - Christmas and my birthday. It's nice to treat yourself to something that you want. And it's a nice thought that you can afford some things that you want. But whenever I have the chance, I would drop a hint to my husband so he would my desired gift, hahahaaa.

11. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I buy myself presents all the time. It doesn't have to be for any holiday, because I don't really celebrate holidays because I am a Jehovah's Witness. I just like to spoil myself. When you are single you have to do that sometimes. Buying yourself presents to me is just a way to show that you love yourself.

12. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    ALWAYS!

If i am out shopping for gifts and see something I really like,I always think to myself, I am buying for others, so I can get myself a little treat!
    Nothing wrong with that, unless someone has bought you the same thing as a gift! oops!

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do it as often as I used to! After moving countries and struggling to find a job for a while, I had to cut right back because at the forefront of my mind is how to pay for the next rent, bills and groceries. Things are slowly improving and I'm hoping that in time I'll be able to pick an item or two every so often without feeling guilty. I love to shop :)

14. Amira Jackson

Amira JacksonNew Member

Threads:
    I mostly prefer going to alone for shopping of presents. If you don't want to go and get it only at home than check this website it has good collection of presents.

15. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy gifts for myself but this year for Christmas I plan on buying a flat screen TV for our bedroom. My hubby likes to watch sports and old movies and with one TV in the house and sitting at my desktop to watch movies is getting old.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. The only things I pick up for myself are needs. A "gift" to me is silence.. or family time.. or peace. You know? Things you don't need money for that make me feel wonderful. I don't put importance in things, so don't consider them gifts.. just money suckers lol. That's not fun ;)