Do You Call In For Good Customer Service?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cherokee • Feb 13, 2015.

1. cherokee

cherokeeNew Member

Threads:
    Most people talk about how bad customer service has been during certain shopping trips. In fact, people call in and complain all the time about how horrible their customer service was at certain stores. However, have you ever had really great customer service? Has that wonderful experience ever prompted you to call their number to give high praises for the good work someone has done?

Working in retail myself, it is great to find that a customer has taken the time to call in to give a positive response to good customer service. Have you ever taken the time to call in and give a positive review?

2. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I worked in customer service in many fields during my lifetime and have a deep appreciation for anyone who gives good service. So I have often called into management to give a positive review and in each case, management was so receptive to my call.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many years ago, someone called my manager to compliment me on my customer service. I was so happy that someone had taken the time to do that so I try to do the same for other people. Also, I think it's good to let businesses know what they are doing right.

4. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I've worked many years in customer service and it's a very stressful position when you're trying to make everyone happy while following company policy (or just getting yelled at too many times a day for various reasons). Whenever a customer called to compliment my work attitude or ethic is really made a huge difference in my day, and it made having a smile really worth it again when I felt worn down.

From my experiences I tend to give a talk to the manager if I feel the employee has done very well at making me feel appreciated and valued. It has a huge impact on if I will shop there again or avoid the store completely.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have the time to let people know every single time I have received good customer service, however if I feel that somebody has gone beyond the call of duty, something over what they are paid for, then I will sometimes send an email to let the head office of the company to know what happened. For example my cousin has food allergies and somebody at our local deli was very helpful with what he could eat, even though they were very busy at the time. So yes, a lot of the time, when it is great service, I definitely make the effort to let people know about it.

6. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I love calling in or telling managers about the good that their employees do. When I am making sure that I am posting the information for the good, I get the name of the employee. This way I am able to make sure the right person gets the credit for the help they have provided for me.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a good thought, I just did a mystery shop on customer service calls and found that some of the people that these companies have answering their phones are losing them business. One guy was so slick I could hear the oil sliding off him on the phone, you know the slick used car salesman type.

8. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have done this many times. The way I figure, I never hesitate to call when I receive bad service, so why hesitate to call when I receive great service? Plus, I know that many people get some sort of bonus if they get a good review, so why not help them out a bit. I know I love unexpected compliments for my hard work. I don't know anyone who wouldn't feel the same way. Sadly, I don't think it's done enough because so often when I call with a good review, the managers seem almost taken aback because they immediate think that if someone is asking to talk to a manager it's going to be a bad call.

9. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have called about both good and bad service. I work with the public and I have had several customers say things like, "This is the best service I have ever received in *****," or "Thank you for being so helpful and nice." When I've heard this, I always think, Boy I sure wish they would call in and tell my manager that! Well finally somebody did! A lady called in and raved about my service! My manager brought me a thank-you note and mumbled something. LOL Well at least the customer was thoughtful. It made my day!

10. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I wish I was thoughtful enough to call. I really appreciate good customer service though, and show my appreciation by leaving a generous tip, thanking the server in detail, or writing a note on my bill before leaving. My boyfriend and I recently received great customer service at Walmart a few weeks ago while returning a laptop, and we wanted to call in but lost the store clerk's id number so we couldn't really identify him.

11. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way. I wish I remembered to do so. Too often I tell myself I will and then completely forget about it until I think it is too late.

That's crazy you had such great customer service at Walmart. I have never had similar experience there. Usually, the employees seem distracted or unwelcoming. They never offer assistance either. However, I do not often visit the tech section which may vastly differ from the rest of the store.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sadly no... I actually rarely call in for bad customer service too, which is bad because I actually work with customer satisfaction... maybe I don't do a lot on that matter because I know it doesn't work that well where I live despite our efforts. We acknowledge the problems but when we pass them to the responsible departments they do nothing. So whether it is good or bad I don't usually do anything.

13. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I have taken the trouble once or twice to compliment people on good customer service, in fact i will always return to a place where the service is good even if i can get a cheaper service somewhere else. There is a lot of value to a business through good customer service, it can make a huge difference to success or failure.

A business will quickly get a bad reputation if the service is below standard, i will never return to a place where i have received bad service on principle, i would rather pay more elsewhere. I don't mind giving my hard earned money to an establishment with good service but it generally seems to be in decline, therefore good service should be rewarded by letting the employer know and acknowledging the member of staff.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've emailed the company of my favorite local shopping site to commend them for the great customer service company they hired. I did so both to give some feedback on how long it took me to wait to get a representative, but at the same time I also did so to inform them that I had a great experience with the representatives I got once I did reach them.

15. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really only matters for smaller companies because large corporations aren't going to reward employees for doing their jobs better than other workers. That's just how the retail industry works, though small businesses and even medium-sized businesses can reward their employees for excellent customer service. At least they'll tell the employees about the customer comments!