Do you check the calories of whatever that you are eating?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 9, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always do check the calories of whatever I am eating. It's very important for me because I eat heavily and I don't get full immediately. If I am going to wait for myself to get fulled, I might not stop eating. So, the caloric content of the food is my only determining factor when I am going to stop eating. Otherwise, I am just going to keep on eating and get fat!

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really check them by the numbers, but I do take them into consideration. Since I'm one of those people who are very short and stubby and get's fat in an instant, I make sure to take a good look at what I am eating and mentally calculate and estimate how much calories the food I'm about to eat has so that when I work out the next day, I have an idea how much or how long I should work my body to sweat out all those excess calories.

3. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Thats really strange that you can't tell when your full. I have some weird eating habits as well like I can't just eat and get full, I don't fill full unless I'm absolutely stuffed. I also eat way too fast. But to answer your question I used to when I was dieting but not anymore.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    When I first began losing through a popular diet program, I was counting calories daily. Then it got to be a little exhausting so I stopped. However, if I'm certain that something has a large number of calories, then I try to watch my portions.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I live on a farm, most of the food we eat is obtained from the farm. Be it the veggies, meat, milk, etc. Checking the calories in such a case is close to impossible so I never bother and to be honest never thought about it. As for the possibility of gaining weight that's will never concern me because I do some hard manual work at least once everyday which does as good a job as working out in a gym.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    When following a strict diet regimen, I count the calories of every food and drink intake. It is very important that we watch our calorie intake to see if the diet really works. With constant repetition, I am now aware of the calorie count of most food items. After the strict diet I no longer take note of the count for each food or beverage. But I am also aware of the circumstances of eating or overeating a certain food product.

7. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not check calories. I pretty much eat until I am full but I try to eat as healthy as possible. I do not feel guilty if i eat healthy meals but if I eat junk and it doesn't have a lot of calories I feel guilty. I think calorie counting is not a good way to maintain a healthy diet.

8. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    When I'm very serious about losing weight, then I count every little calorie I consume. But then, of course, it can get pretty monotonous. So then I start to slack off little by little. So I really think it's better to have a ballpark idea of how many calories are in what type of food. That way you're not being obsessive over dieting, but know that you're eating healthily.

9. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I do check the amount of calories of the foods I'm eating but then it does not actually stops me. I do that because it is what I tend to do whenever I'm eating something. I get full really fast especially if the food is sweet and sugary.

10. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I only check the calories on the sweets I purchase from the store. They tend to be the foods I buy loaded with calories. I fond this out the hard way several years ago. After purchasing my favorite Ben& Jerry's ice cream (Wavy Gravy), I discovered it was almost 1000 calories per pint. This taught me to check food labels more carefully.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also eat a lot, but I don't check the calories of what I'm eating. I remember that I was on a diet before, but I just took note of the amount of food and the frequency that I ate. But then again, I'm not a serious dieter to begin with, just a casual one.

12. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I've never checked the calorie content of what I'm eating. I just try to avoid things with too much salt, sugar, and oil. I don't really know how calories work either and what a healthy amount is. This is something I would have to learn about.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do, but I try not to let it be the most prominent factor on whether or not I purchase or consume a product. I usually just look to see how often I could enjoy it or if I should portion it throughout a span of time. If a certain product is too indulgent, I'd just maybe have it once a month or just once a week, but if it's a healthier type of food then I wouldn't feel too guilty about eating it everyday. I also enjoy doing this because it gives me something to read while I eat sometimes.