Do You Check Your Receipts?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Sunshine • Jan 21, 2015.

1. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I will check my receipts if it sounds like I was charged too much or too little for whatever it was I purchased. It is great to find out there was a sale I didn't know about. Sometimes I also check them if I only have a limited amount of money on my debit card so I can keep track of what I have spent.

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I check my receipts after every purchase all the time. Because I have online banking, I also check my account after every purchase. I find many discrepancies on my receipts, from small purchases to even large purchases, you have to make sure that you get your sale prices. I work in a retail store and sometimes the prices aren't downloaded in the system, so when we scan the items the price comes at regular price and not as the sale.

Checking your bank account is also a good idea; a friend of mine shopped in a small boutique and this store took down her card information and took out half the money in her account! So I definitely say to double check accounts etc.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but not always. When doing errands and buying in the same stores became a daily habit, I don't even bother when I buy the same stuff. But anytime I go to a supermarket and buy a lot of food and other stuff I check my receipt to make sure everything's in order.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know, i never check my receipts at all! -and I really wish i did! Recently I got a mobile phone text alert and saw that I'd been charged twice for the same transaction. I totally forgot all about that until I saw this discussion thread. So now I'm going to have to chase it up and get it clarified, and if an error occurred, get the store to refund me my money LOL It just goes to show we do need to check and re-check our receipts!!

5. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit of a receipt hoarder... I mean, it's a great thing when I catch mistakes and I love to preserve the memory of certain fun purchases, or fun nights out. I just ended up developing this habit to keep nearly every single receipt! From gas to bars to simple purchase of a pack of gum. I have a personal filing cabinet that I got mainly because of my paper hoarding. I keep online receipts too, from deliveries and all. I do shred certain ones after, say, five years? Haha, it's terrible. My boyfriend enjoys looking through them with me and helps eliminate the useless ones. I have benefited from this, of course, finding mistakes being overcharged sometimes.

6. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately for me, I don't check it that much. That's why sometimes, I'd go home and realize that my change wasn't enough but I'd be too lazy to go back to the store. I hope I can change this habit of mine not only because it's such an inconvenience, but it costs me a lot of money, too.

7. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    The only time I check receipts is when I go grocery shopping with coupons. I want to see how much total I saved and if any coupons were missed on the receipt. There are times I like to check to see how much tax I pay on particular items.