Do You Click On Ads?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Feb 17, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always click on ads whenever I see a good one, especially if I like the site I see the ad on and I want to support it by giving them revenue off of my impression. It also helps that most ads I get are from sites I already use and buy from in the first place, so I'm always shown the products that I like from those sites and if I see a good product or sale price I'll go ahead and click it. youtube ads are different though. They are are always the same for me and it's almost always not relevant to my interests which can get very annoying after watching multiple short videos and having to sit and click skip each time.

Do you click on ads? Which types attract you the most?

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I do actually but not all the time since I have AdBlock installed on my browser but occasionally I would see an ad that would catch my attention and I would actually click it. But I only click on ads that I know that are legit, which most of them are just ads for a product from Amazon or eBay.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I don't. Never have and never will. I find ads invasive and I don't usually support the types of companies pushed. If I am shopping with someone and I like them, I already support them.. I won't contribute to something I don't agree with to help them further, they're already getting my money and referrals etc, which will go further in my opinion. And I also have adblock, so don't see them anyway. There are some people getting around it little by little though.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the ad content doesn't look too spammy and it happens to be a product or service I've had my eye on for some time, then I'd be willing to click it. I can differentiate overly spammy ads from those that offer tried-and-tested products and services. I'd be more willing to try the latter. Although I used to be a gamer, nowadays I find MMORTS ads so annoying. I ignore them if a site doesn't have an option for hiding ads.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always have [enabled] NoScript, which blocks all ads that need javascript to be displayed. Occasionally when I disable the extension, I get to see a few ads. Since I'm very much interested in internet marketing, any time I see the ad of what might be a great internet marketing product [ebook, vid, etc] I'll click on the ad. I hardly ever buy those products though because they always tend to promise more than they can deliver.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I find those pop up adverts very annoying. So I never click on them. I just try to ignore them because sometimes when you click on them it's like opening a can of worms! I also hate how they have us "profiled" and can target you with exactly the right adverts that fit your shopping and searching trends. I think that's a gross invasion of my privacy and I don't like it.

7. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the ad actually, I would usually click on them just for the heck of it, like when I'm bored and I just want to get lost on something but most of the time I just ignore them and move on, not that I had to since I have AdBlock on my browser.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Occasionally I will, especially if I know a site does need revenue from ads and it's one that I have seen before and am curious about. I saw one on flights and clicked in case it was a new route I hadn't seen before. I loathe sites that trick you into clicking by having to the ads so close if you hover, it opens up. Sites with a few ads I am more likely to click, than one jam packed.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't say they have because they seem to be either scams/misleading or things I'm not interested in. Most likely if I like or want something I already know about it somehow and don't need an ad to direct me.

10. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't click on ads unless it is something I have been looking for or it looks like a really good sale. There has to be something about the ad to draw my attention to it.
    Many people find ads annoying. Some ads are deceptive in what they are advertising which deters people from clicking on them.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I don't really bother with clicking ads, only if it's something that made me curious and has totally gotten my attention, but that happens rarely.

12. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it will depend on the type of ads. I won't pretend that I haven't done this sort of thing for money because I have. I know that its probably not the most legitimate way to get people to click on your ads but I have had individuals give me task online that involved clicking ads, and I didn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why. Yes, they were trying to earn money through ad sense. Hey, I can't be the only person who has ever done this otherwise there wouldn't be micro task website like Crowdflower offering such task by their workers.

13. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    No. Not even with that feature that shows you ads based on your browser history. That's how marketers are getting people to click on them in the first place. I don't know if that's common knowledge for everyone but it should be. The internet spies on you to learn what you you may be interested in and throws it back to your face. I'm usually not moved to click because, well it's history. I've moved on and when I want to go back to that interest, I go on my own to the site I want to go to.

14. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, and I have software to block most ads. I especially hate pop ups. I don't like ads that try to trick you into clicking them, I don't like sites that are so cluttered with ads that you could mistakenly click when just trying to navigate, and I also don't know if some ads could have malware and such. So, no. Clicking on ads isn't for me. I also agree with Phoenix. I'm actually kind of surprised to see that so many people do click.