Do You Consider Doorstep Delivery?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by remnant • Aug 26, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are some stores that offer delivery of items to your doorstep. Most of these items are portable like groceries and other conveniences. This saves on money that could have been used for transport as well as time. However, depending on the store concerned, the pricing regime can cancel out any benefits accruing from doorstep delivery. In this case, one should go to a cheaper store to cut on costs. So you should do your maths.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have to try grocery delivery but my sister had already experienced it. In fact, she orders online for delivery to her doorstep when she lacked the time to shop for her kitchen needs because she has a daytime job working as a nurse in a government hospital. Her orders would usually be meat and vegetables plus some dairy products like milk and cheese, butter, also canned goods. However, when she summed up the expenses, she would shake her head on the added charges for delivery - it is exorbitant. It's just like paying for the delivery person and the gasoline as well.

3. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't tried this. In fact, I have never visited any store which offers such a service. The only doorstep delivery I know of is when I order something online. I usually walk to the supermarket about 2 kilometers away. Yes, if I buy a lot of things, it can get a bit heavy but I consider it to be just exercise. No big deal.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some companies which offer organic grocery delivery services but they promise that they'll price their groceries as the stores do which means it saves you some gas money because you don't have to drive to the stores to get your organic groceries. Using such services can be convenient for someone who buys only organic groceries but for everyone since the prices tend to be higher, it's better to actually buy your groceries once a week or so when you go out shopping.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to groceries, I still prefer going to the store myself since I enjoy going around for the things I need and look for some reasonable sales or promos that could benefit me. There's a grocery store just near my place which only takes around 5 minutes to reach by car so I really don't mind going there. I have tried doorstep deliveries for non-grocery items that I bought online though.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Corzhens@Corzhens, Which store has your sister used to get her groceries delivered? Because I haven't heard yet of any store here that offers such services, especially for groceries. Just wondering, how much did she pay for the delivery charge? If it's that expensive then it's not worth trying, I guess.