Do you do internet banking?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by tinyfang • Mar 24, 2014.

1. mjervey

mjerveyNew Member

Threads:
    Internet banking is great. Especially if, like me, you live abroad or are constantly travelling. It's so easy to check my balance online and make sure money has been put in my account. It also makes it so easy to check on your account regularly to ensure there' been no fraudulent activity. I don't know what I'd do without internet banking. I love my bank, but it's only regional and it would make travelling to different parts of the country and abroad very difficult if I couldn't check my finances online.

2. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know why everyone is not doing their banking online. It's fast and easy. You can transfer funds between accounts, including to and from credit cards that you have with the bank. It's so convenient. I hardly ever go into actual banks now a days. There is just no need to.

3. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    I have a paypal account if that's relevant. I use it to buy stuff online. I like that I don't have to use a credit card if I don't want to, and I can just put whatever into it and get something nice.

4. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I do, ever since I realized that any ATM transaction (even checking my balance) on any non-bank ATM cost me $2 a pop. It's great. Not only can I check my balance while contemplating larger purchases, but I can also move money from my account into the joint account I share with my wife with ease. If I could trust the technology behind mobile deposits just a little more, I'd never set foot into a bank ever again!

5. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not old enough to have been banking back in 2004 but back maybe 3 or 4 years ago when I started using my bank card + PayPal I was certainly doing most things online. It's the easiest way to keep your money organized and move it quickly between accounts. The only offline thing I do is deposit cash and use the card.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Because many people are scared to do so. My mother has been on two computer courses, and although she passed she still is not sturdy with internet use. So she won't put her bank details online, because she doesn't want to risk getting a virus or anything, and having her details and money stolen. That is a smart thing to do. I am very familiar with computers and the internet, and I feel safe banking online. So I do. It is very useful and convenient, unless your bank's website is doing maintenance.

7. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, and the only reason is for convenience. You also have this feeling of control over your money. On the other side, I am worried about the possibility of my account being hacked.

8. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I do, but not so often. I also don't use internet banking apps on mobile devices. I just do not feel secure using them. With all the hacking news circulating the web, online security is becoming more and more alarming.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are certain software that these banking websites advise you to download in order to keep yourself safe though, like Rapport. On top of that most banking websites get you only to enter different letters/numbers of your passwords and passkeys each time you login, so it is not as straight forward for a keylogger hacker to get your full password or passkey in one sitting. On top of that one should have an anti-virus software installed on their computer. The other half of it is being internet savvy. I have been banking online for years now and I am competely safe and always have been.