Do You Download Chain Restaurant Apps?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jasmine2015 • Sep 25, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using the Burger King app. It is really convenient when you hate losing the paper coupons. Although I receive the paper versions in the mail, I like using my phone when I can because I don't always have a pair of scissors. Do you guys find it useful to download the app of a chain restaurant as well for coupons?

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I frequently use the McDonalds app. It could just be my area, but they have very good coupons. I'm not even a big coupon person most of the time, but I find myself saving a lot of money. I also have the Pizza Hut app on my phone, but mostly so I can order easily, I don't think they're any app exclusive coupons or anything like that.

3. Halber

HalberNew Member

Threads:
    With fast-food, I've never bothered to consider using apps. I've always stuck to the paper coupons I get in the mail.

On the other hand, I do use the 7-11 app. I know, its not a fast-food chain, but its similar in utility. Usually I can use the coupons to get cheap slurpees or snacks with friends on my way back home. Its pretty handy to have, and its saved me quite a bit when I go out with friends!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally don't use apps, but if the voucher was a good one I would use it. These days you can get vouchers emailed to you, so you don't have to use the app as I don't like to have too much on my phone. I prefer it that way, because apps just eat away at my battery. If there were other incentives that made it worthwhile, they maybe I would.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't. The few times that I did I ended up deleting to download just because it's not very useful. I do have apps to order food, however it is for several different restaurants. Getting one for one chain restaurant is kind of useless.

6. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I have never considered downloading chain restaurant apps. I had no idea that there were regular coupons available through the apps. We do not go out to eat that often, in order to save money and eat a little more healthily. When we do go out to eat, I usually forget the clipped coupons I receive in the mail. When we do occasionally go out to eat, and perhaps before doing so next time, I will check out these apps.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I
    I don't currently have a smartphone but when I did I downloaded a few apps like Pizza Hut 7/11 and others. I think any way you can get something cheaper by using an app is worth it. Most of these are free apps anyway, so if you can save some money, why not?

8. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of these chain stores have apps to retain customers and create customer loyalty. I know there are a few restaurants that offers a free meal after you spend a certain amount and provide coupons and deals through the app.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do actually - I currently have the Steak & Shake, McDonalds, and Taco Bell apps on my phone. Steak & Shake was offering some initial deal where you get $3.99 added to your account when you deposit $25 into your phone app for future purchases. McDonalds was offering a free sandwich (any one on the menu) for initially installing their app - though it took a few days for the virtual coupon to show up on my phone. Taco Bell had some deal where you could get your entire order for half off (up to $20 worth of food) for installing their app.

What I also really use them for, is to browse their menu and decide what I want before getting in the drive thru line. It drives me nuts how they make their "dollar menu" items so tiny and hard to read, so that's why I check their menu on my phone first and see what items they currently have on their value menu's first before pulling in. That way I don't get flustered because I can't read the sign and just give in and order a more expensive combo meal instead.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There are no special promos here for fast food restaurants so the only reason to download the apps here is if you constantly order deliveries from them, which it don't so I never downloaded any of their apps. I usually prefer just looking online for their menus and driving to them to get my orders instead of having them delivered because I'm not too big on waiting and I prefer to be able to handle the transport of my food as well.