Do you download movies off of YouTube?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by True2marie • May 4, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy downloading movies off of YouTube. It's easy to do these days with an add-on. The stuff I usually go for are old classic detective shows or children's shows. They provide me and my family with many hours of entertainment. Plus, I can download them as well onto my phone.

Do you download movies off of YouTube?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I download old professional wrestling shows from YouTube and burn them onto DVDs for my collection. I do this because the promotions that put the shows on died many years ago (Smoky Mountain Wrestling springs to mind) and the only way to have them in my collection is this way. WWE owns the rights to some of them, but they have no interest in releasing them.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to watch movies and TV shows off YouTube but ever since Google took over, it becomes a lot more difficult to do that. If a YouTuber even has it on the site at all, they often put a shitty link to it in the description instead. I know you can watch some older movies but a lot of the content I have been looking for has not been on YouTube.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually don't download them anymore because I prefer to just watch them online and I much prefer the convenience of not having to wait for the file to finish downloading before I can watch them. I still download some of them, though, but only when I know I'll be going somewhere that I can't connect online and maybe need something to watch to pass the time, but more often than not, I just prefer to watch them online since the streams on Youtube are always fast anyway.

5. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Very rarely am I compelled to just download something off Youtube, as in this day and age I can almost always stream it instantly with any number of devices close by. I will if I'm using a particular video for an editing job, but if it's because I want to watch it I can usually deal with streaming it.

6. epiczail

epiczailBanned

Threads:
    I used to download music videos when they were a thing but rarely use youtube anymore. If I miss any of my tv shows or movies I will either buy them if they're out or stream them online.

7. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    I have downloaded music videos from youtube before but I haven't lately. As far as movies go, I just been streaming them online on other websites now a days. I don't like to waste my space on my hard drive by downloading movies especially from youtube since the quality is not top quality.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I usually torrent things more often then I download movies off of YouTube. The only real reason that I'd download something off of YouTube is if there I was a movie on there that I couldn't find a torrent off. I currently have all my torrented movies on my external hard drive, but I really need to burn them to CD's and delete them off of the hard drive. Also, the thing I download off of YouTube the most is music, since it's my main source of new music.

9. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I download a lot of music videos off of youtube but i have never really gone to youtube for movies. I feek that youtube does not have the best quality for movies and so it is not the first place that i would turn to for a movie

10. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I love watching Korean / Japanese movies and drama and since shops sell them very expensive in my town I instead watch them online on YouTube or simply download them so me and my whole family can enjoy watching them together. I will not download any that I think it's not a good movie or drama though. I like watching them first until finish then download it if I think my family will like it.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I hardly ever download anything period. I may view things online such as movies on other sites (not YouTube), but I have no reason to save them to my device anywhere. I don't even watch them on my phone by downloading....I simply stream them.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, sometimes if I can't find a copy that I could buy and it's only available on Youtube. I've got no choice but to download it from there. I only do it if I really like the video, if I don't like it that much, I just watch it there.