Do you drink energy drinks?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by boone • Oct 16, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to drink Gatorade a lot, especially when it was just a new product. But nowadays I don't drink that much energy drinks anymore, I prefer to drink juice instead.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink powdered wheat grass in the mornings. It really does give me a burst of energy. When I first started drinking it, it gave me such a boost of energy and a sense of euphoria. My body has adjusted or adapted and now I use get a tiny boost, but it's still good.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:

That's a better article. I had never heard of her so I did a little research. This is terribly tragic and sad. I don't know how a person can get so messed up in the head to intentionally do something like that to themselves.

Unfortunately, she states that she is opened to re-gaining weight if she finds the right person. She needs inpatient psychiatric treatment. I would consider her a danger to herself. She can be placed under 72 hour observation. I wonder if that has been tried?

That article is over a year old. I hope she is doing well.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Well I drink Gatorade, I love it. All the others I do not drink they just make me drowsy after while. But Gatorade and Powerade are good choices.

5. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    The only energy drink I have ever tried is 100 Plus. And that was only once. The rest of the time, when I need a booster, I just make myself a cup of hot nescafe. Maybe it's partly psychological but I do feel better after just one cup.

6. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    Energy drinks are fine for me. They are especially useful if I need to wake up "too" early and I'm all tired and grumpy.
    I've never really enjoyed the taste of coffee, so energy drinks are the choice for me.
    I usually buy the cheapest brand, as I only care about the effect, not the taste. :)

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you mean by fine for you? Energy drinks are not 'fine' from a health perspective. They contain an excessive amount of sugar, artificial ingredients and caffeine. The fact you feel tired and grumpy is probably because you rely on sugar for energy...

8. Drainbamaged

DrainbamagedNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a big-time coffee drinker, but I do have an occasional energy drink. I prefer either Red Bull (sugar free) or 5-hour Energy. I've found 5-Hour Energy to be better if I'm just looking for a little bump - more to sharpen my concentration than anything. I go to the Red Bull when I need to stay awake (long drives, etc.).

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No way, I don't believe in those drinks at all. Those thing I've heard is full of caffiene and who wants to walk around all day on speed like that. I don't believe in them because I feel I can get my energy from the food I eat and juice I drink along with water. Coffee and tea gives me the boost that I need and both are healthy for you and I will stick with that for now.

10. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I don't drink energy drinks. Honestly it makes me leary because you don't know everything that's put into those drinks. Plus I've heard of people having side effects. I'd rather get my energy fix from chocolate.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use to my favorite ones were the monster the blue ones i couldn't get enough of those things. But after awhile it started making me sick i actually drank to much of it one day and it got my heart racing way to fast and i ended up in the hospital and was told by my doctor to stay away from them because i have a heart problem so i no longer drink them, but when i did i found that it did give me some energy but within 2 or 3 hours i would crash hard and would have to drink another to get my energy back.

12. BrianDouglas

BrianDouglasNew Member

Threads:
    I stay away from energy drinks, five hour energy, stuff like that. I have no reason other than I get a bad feeling when I think of trying one. I just follow my intuition: We're probably not supposed to drink those. Plus, the people I see drinking them, are always doing stupid things, so I chalk it up, as another dumb thing people do.

13. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Energy drinks are some of the worst beverages to have. They're worse than soda pop, coffee, lattes and maybe even alcohol. It's best to avoid them completely. I don't drink them because of that reason plus they don't taste too good. A friend of mine gave me a sip and it was disgusting (plus the smell). Also, look at the cost factor.

14. kisseru

kisseruNew Member

Threads:
    I tried Monster once, to me that stuff has a weird fizz with the sweet taste that I don't like it. Plus, it isn't even healthy for a person to consume a can. I like to stay away from that stuff when I can (which is basically forever...unless I am in a desert with nothing, but Monster to drink.) It doesn't taste that great to me and I am not much of a fan of Caffeine. I am going to stick to my Motts Apple Juice box, I am addicted to that stuff....

15. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've actually only drank 2 or 3 energy drinks in my life, all of those times for something related to school, whether I pulled an all-nighter for an exam the next day, or had to finish some assignments and couldn't keep myself awake.

16. vest007

vest007Member

Threads:
    I drink Red Bull a lot. I won't classify Gatorade as an energy drink so I am not mentioning about it. Once my friend advised me to substitute Red Bull with black coffee (without sugar and milk). However, I disliked the taste and the coffee didn't gave me any energy hike.

17. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was in college, I used to drink energy drinks whenever I was reviewing for an examination. I did this so that I would not fall asleep while reading my notes and my books. Today, I drink energy drinks whenever I feel sleepy at work. This helps me perform more effectively.

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think these drinks are bad for your health and shouldn't be drank everyday of the week. It's more like a caffiene boost to me and I have no idea how they affect us in the long run. So I will stick to what I know is best for me. Coffee and teas does the same thing for you if you just wants to stay awake, so try some.

19. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i do not drink energy drink

20. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to drink Red Bull but the job I had at the time was so bad that I would drink lots of cans of the stuff and was advised to quite as drinking too much of it isn't good for you so now I keep away from it.