Do you drink energy drinks?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by boone • Oct 16, 2012.

1. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I enjoy drinking energy drinks like Monster and Red Bull. I also love the taste of both of these drinks. However, I have never really experienced a significant energy boost after drinking these drinks.

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Just 5 days ago, I didn't like energy drinks, but when it got rid of my headache, I look forward to drinking Monster whenever I get a headache. It may be because of the 2 advil pills I took before drinking it.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love monsters they are my favorite out of all energy drinks I love the green one I love how it taste and it gives me somewhat a little of energy I use to be a heavy monster drinker but I have slowed down now I rarely even touch them but when I do I always get a green monster.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, i drink XS from time to time since the start of this year. They are really cheap and pretty good for what they do and how they taste, so i kinda got addicted to them.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to frequently drink energy drinks when I was in college because I needed to stay up all night to cram for quizzes and exams. I used to drink Red Bull and Lipovitan. They really help prevent drowsiness. Now that I'm working, I can't remember any instance wherein I drank an energy. I now mostly drink coffee.

6. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    I used to drink monster and red bull, not too often. If I just need to.

7. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I work on a night shift, there are times, that I drink energy drink during duty. There I days that I don't have enough sleep, I feel kinda groggy or something, then I drink one to stay alert. The problem with drinking energy drink is that after work, even how tired I am, I cant sleep. The after effect is really bad. As much as possible I try to avoid drinking it.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, nope nope never. I value my health, my teeth, my brain etc lol.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never buy energy drinks because they are full of sugar and very unhealthy. They are also very expensive for what is essentially sugary water with a little caffeine.

You might as well go and make a very sweet coffee if you want an energy drink because it would be much cheaper. Don't waste your money on this rubbish.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say that I buy energy drinks because they can be made for the fraction of the cost in your own home.
    I usually drink green tea or just coffee and that gives me double the energy throughout the day.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink them, I don't even drink espressos any more - they all give me the shakes and make me feel uncomfortable throughout the day. Some of them would make my skin really red and itchy as well, I believe it had to do with perhaps ingesting too much niacin. When I was in my early 20's I got involved with drugs (stimulants) and these types of drinks bring back bad memories of that period in my life as well.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I remember the first time I drank energy drinks was that it gave me a headache. I didn't know how that happened or maybe I didn't get used to drinking such a heavy caffeinated drink. I don't drink energy drinks anymore, and I think a cup of coffee will just suit me better.

13. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink them. I have a very sensitive stomach, and I know they would mess up my system because sometimes coffee does. I don't think they are worth it. They can cause too many heart and stomach issues. No thank you.

14. MakeshiftMiloh

MakeshiftMilohMember

Threads:
    Oh, I just can't handle these drinks. They taste like if you threw a few fruity-flavored Tums in a blender with some vinegar and called it a day! And I'm not exactly sure which compound it is that does it, but the one time I tried to drink a Monster, a few veins in my eyes popped. :eek: I don't know how some of my friends live off of these things.

15. Doof

DoofNew Member

Threads:
    Monster is my favorite energy drink. I just generally like the flavor. Even the "Zero" versions are pretty tasty. Sometimes I'll just drink them like soda. Not even particularly needing a boost, but just as my drink with a meal. I've tried the usual others. Redbull and so on but they just don't taste as delicious to me. Redbull was actually my first energy drink, but once I had a Monster I never looked back.

16. JusApee

JusApeeNew Member

Threads:
    I used to drink from time to time. However, one day after I drank an energy drink and a can of Coke, there was so much caffeine in my blood that I couldn't stop shaking at all. My hands were shaking like I had Parkinson (I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get the point). Since then, I haven't touched another energy drink at all. I'm still an adept of Coke though.

17. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    I use to drink them on a daily basis. The problem is that as soon as they wear off you feel more tired than before you took them. I have reverted to eating more carbs before big sporting events. Obviously not right before the event but a day or two in advance I will start eating two to three bowls of pasta a day. This gives you a slower release of energy that lasts for a greater portion of the day.

If you have an unplanned event that you need energy for I can suggest a 'katkop', literally means cat head. It is a local favourite here in South Africa. You hollow out and eat the inside of a white bread, then fill it with 'slap chips', french fries, and swallow it all down with a litre, half a gallon, of Coke. We use this when surfing for prolonged periods of time and it really helps your energy levels stay up.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't because I don't think they are very healthy. As much as possible I try and not induce my body into states that it isn't naturally in like making my heart pump faster for a time which energy drinks do tend to do to you. I don't think they are that harmful when taken once in a while though and to be compel tell honest I haven't really looked into it enough to say that it is harmful even in regular doses but I just choose to stay more natural and if I need a bit of boost I'll maybe just drink coffee which I also don't drink at all anymore these days so even just a cup probably would have a good enough effect on me.

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me I like coffee instead of energy drinks. I love vitamin infused water and other vitamin infused drinks though. Energy drinks kind of worry me to drink it since it's so much at one time...what will it really do to your health? Vitamin infused water and drinks is a lot healthier relying on vitamins to get you energized and well coffee has a lot of good things going on with it like drinking 4 cups to stave off diabetes 2, so I think I'll stick with vitamin infused drinks and coffee.

20. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I have never tried an energy drink before because I feel kinda scared to do it, I do not really know what effects it is going to bring on me and that kind of stuff I dont really know about, I am just scared to try one, I will consider trying one soon!