Do you drink enough water? It slows down aging and keeps your skin shining

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by dieselfit • Oct 23, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    When your urine is yellow, that is one sign of dehydration. By the time your thirsty, it's probably already too late. And if you're hungry after eating, you're most likely just thirsty. These are all facts. Our bodies are made up of 70% water yet we don't get enough of it. This will cause your body to take a toll and will wrinkle faster as you age. Water keeps your skin young and soft. Do you think you drink enough and is it hard to keep yourself drinking on a regular basis?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know for a fact that I don't drink enough water. I have always had this problem I drink mainly sodas through out the day sometimes I go two or three days with no water which could be the reason I get headaches so often and what not but I know I def need to start drinking more water.

3. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    Thanks for this post! I am a super big water advocate! I did a study and wrote an article on the symptoms of chronic dehydration. This is sooo common in our society, and most people know nothing about it! I try to drink a gallon of water a day. This is just my personal preference. Most people need half of their body weight in ounces each day. In other words, if you weigh 200 lbs., you would need 100 ounces of water a day.

Do you ever feel tired, sluggish, or irritable for no reason? Drink two big glasses of water, and see if you feel better!

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I know I don't drink enough water. And worse, I'm always saying I need to and making plans to change my habit, but I never do. I don't like water. And usually I won't drink it unless I'm very thirsty and there's nothing else to drink. I try instead to just drink a lot of fluids. But even that it is difficult for me, especially if there isn't juice in my fridge. I'm more of an eater than a drinker.

Thanks for the information!

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    lol most people DO get enough water.. it's in almost everything we eat and drink. You don't need to drink 8 glasses a day and eating healthy is better for the skin than anything else. And if you eat healthy, added bonus; you're consuming more water.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I also love this post, and always appreciate the reminder.

I'm much better about drinking water when the weather is warm, but I admit, when it gets cold outside, I tend to slack. My mom drinks her water warm in the winter. I could totally try that.

I will say, one thing my husband has been in the habit of, and getting me to do, is waking up and downing a big glass of water first thing in the morning. Something about starting everything (before coffee) seems to get my brain and body going quicker.

7. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I try to drink at least one liter of water per day, at my work I always have a bottle by my side and I keep drinking all day long. Also when I wake up I have the habit of drinking a glass of water, it really wakes me up... sometimes! :D

8. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:

Why do I keep see yellow pee in public bathrooms and the stench of a thousand year old urine? There's no way you can get enough water by just your diet. Why else did villages and people choose to live near bodies of water back in the day? Look at our diets today, it's full of prepackaged, processed foods. Let's not forget all the additives and chemicals they add to the food. With all of this in mind, I think a constant water supply is a must for full mental and physical function. Assuming people get their usual workouts and activities in, they need even more water. Weather and location will also play a part of how much water a person needs.

9. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:

Try to slowly add on to your water intake on a daily basis. It's tough doing it all at once espeically when you're not used to drinking it. Make your body want it by slowly adding it in so you don't surprise yourself with the mentality of "wow this is tough".

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People lived by water because they didn't have the means to bring water to crops, so they brought crops to water. You don't have to believe most of us get enough water (otherwise, i'm thinking we'd be dead), you underestimate the human body. And I mentioned the way people eat.. I personally choose health, so I don't eat chemicals, processed garbage, non foods etc.. so I get tons of water through my foods and water itself. Athletes could use more water and of course, it doesn't hurt to get more water (there is such a thing as too much though) and I think everyone should put down the crap and drink water instead, but.. I'm just saying. Yes, you absolutely can get water through just your diet (not saying anyone should or it would be easy.. just debating your statement).. it's in almost everything. You don't have to literally drink it from a glass to consume it lol.

#10Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  11. Swag_Like_Nick

Swag_Like_NickNew Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure I drink enough water. I play Basketball so I end up drinking a lot of water in a day. Water is essential to good health, yet needs vary by individual. Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.
    So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day. If you exercise, you are losing more water than the average person. Therefore, it’s important to drink water before, during and after your workout — an extra 1 1/2 to 21/2 cups should be sufficient for a short workout. If you’re doing prolonged exercise, like running in a marathon, you’ve got to drink much more than that.

Do any of you drink this much water and how does it make you feel?

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink more than enough water. I also get water through my diet. I learned my lesson the hard way. Years ago, I didn't drink any water. I dranked a lot of sodas. I eventually landed in the ER for severe dehydration. I stayed in the ER for 4 hours with an IV in my arm. They gave me two bags of water. The ER doctor told me that if he saw me again for dehydration again, he would admit me and teach me a lesson. I started drink water the next day. Once you start drinking water, your body starts to crave it.

#12Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  13. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    That's great that you choose the healthy route. Though it doesn't mean that everyone else is choosing the same route. Usually you have the fast food, highly salted foods and additives in the "average" diet. Most people choose to eat like this because it seems cheaper, but that's only a part of the reason. Sure you don't have to consume water in a glass to get enough but who says how much a person needs to call it enough? Most fruits and vegetables are imported from outside the country, so unless people are eating it fresh, the water content is barely enough.

Like I said though, food can be gone without days but water is a must on a regular basis. We barely get in 3 meals a day, and given what people eat today, we need water. You said most people DO get enough water, now you say everyone CAN get enough from diets. Just let them drink their water without confusing them.

14. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I know right. I think it's the idea of getting your body into a habit which it then craves. No matter what it is, if you force yourself, it can turn into a habit. So going from tons of soda to plain old water can be difficult but it can be done! Thanks for sharing that story and I am sorry for the situation you faced.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I said most people do.. you said they can't, so I said they can lol. You should probably stop picking apart what I say now.

And confusing them? No.. I give another perspective. People would get more water if they ate real foods. I will always debate a thread that enables terrible eating. I can't change anyone, but I like to offer the healthier side in case anyone actually listens.

16. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I think I drink enough water, at least 2Litres a day. Though it was not always the case but now my skin has improved dramatically. I suffer from skin problems, acne with scars and I have been in battle throughout my teenage life till my mid twenties. It has only been recent that I have realised that water is life and can solve most of the problems.

My skin over the past year has improved dramatically, it has become so clear and my scars are fading daily, I see an improvement. Not only does drinking water help with the skin but also assists other infections you may not have been aware of in the body. Thus I would suggest that a person drinks at least 2-3 Litres of water daily to see a real improvement.

17. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I think most days, I drink more than the average recommended amount of water. I am extremely sensitive to dehydration and will get headaches if I don't drink tons of water.

18. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually drink water, however, I do drink tea. I drink at least 10 cups of tea everyday because I like caffeine, plus it wakes me up quite well. Tea is good for people because it contains a good amount of antioxidant.

19. MakeshiftMiloh

MakeshiftMilohMember

Threads:
    Once I cut soda out of my diet and replace it with water, man, my body felt so much better. And I'm not saying that as some sort of "Holier than Thou" feel-good line - I really, honesty felt better. I was less dehydrated, less achy, experienced less tummy trouble, and actually had more energy since I was no longer trapped in a caffeine addiction loop. Now water is pretty much all I drink throughout the day. Whenever I cheat and drink a soda again, sure it tastes great, and the caffeine kick sure is fun, but I'm pretty quickly met with a crummy feeling belly and a major energy slump.

Your skin gets so much better too. Wow, the improvements!

20. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely do not drink enough water. I try to, but I'm not usually thirsty. Also, I don't drink with my meals. But I have been making a conscious effort to drink more and make sure I am hydrated.