Do you drink enough water? It slows down aging and keeps your skin shining

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by dieselfit • Oct 23, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always drink enough water per day, because my urine never looks dark, it looks pale yellow to even colorless most of the time.

2. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:

The improvements are amazing eh? It makes you wonder, why aren't other people taking this or why is it not even advertised? I mean you'll always hear about magic pills and things that will give you sudden improvements but these are obviously not natural and not the way to go. Water is amazing though you don't see improvements the first day, you will see huge improvements sooner or later. I'm sure companies are always afraid of water becoming something that people prefer to take over beauty products that will never compare to the benefits of good old water!

3. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    How much water should we be drinking exactly though? It can be hard to keep record. I usually drink a lot as soon as I wake up and during the day my intake will be at a minimum since I'm busy doing things. In the afternoon and evenings I make sure I keep my fluids up though. I've heard that drinking a lot of water before bed is bad as well, just how long should you wait?

4. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    While the recommended amount of water to drink each day should be 8 ounces I only drink 6. I heard my doctor say that water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues. And I guess the reason why I have always had dehydration problems is because I don’t take enough water hope I would change.

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I try to drink more than 8 glasses of water a day to keep myself hydrated. There are lots of benefits from doing it so I suggest that everybody should do it on a regular basis.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. Drinking water must be a priority in all of our lives because it keeps our body healthy as well as our skin clear.
    I try to drink at least a few glasses a day and I make to do lists and include this step in them because health should be a number one priority.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I know that I don't drink enough water, because I don't get thirsty often. I'm usually studying on my own so I don't really get thirsty. When I want water though, I usually drink a few glasses at a time. Thanks for this post, it was very insightful and I think that I will try and drink more water, starting today.

8. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I know I do not drink enough water. I am quite surprised the doctor said my kidneys function normally. However, I am going to make an effort to drink more water now. I was aware our bodies are made up of mostly water, I was not aware that getting enough water helps to slow down aging. I am 40 now and starting to be concerned about these things.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It's pretty true. My uncle drinks around 4 liters of water per day, mostly because he works in a factory and needs to keep hydrated and he sweats a lot after heavy work, and he manages to always keep himself in good health.

10. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    I drink about three quarts (12 cups) of water a day. I gave up on soda awhile ago. I like tea, but don't drink it daily. I have been dehydrated in the past, and don't want to go through it again, so I make sure to get enough every day.

11. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I know I don't always drink a lot of water but I also know I am definitely not "dehydrated" going by your theory of how to tell. There are some days when I do drink a lot of water but it isn't something I always end up doing.

12. sulayman

sulaymanBanned

Threads:
    I dont drink enough water to be honest. The reason being is that water seems to go right through me and i have to head for the toilet almost immediately. So i try my best not to drink as much water as before. I will try to be better as it is quite good for you. Water is life

#32Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  13. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I find that I drink water and so do my guests if I have bottled water chilled and on hand. So many people are against adding all the plastic to the environment, but I do recycle every single bottle. I think most people will be more likely to drink water that is bottled for whatever reason. I do look vor the sales and in most cases you can get 24 bottles for less than a six pack of soda pop. I also have a small fridge on my patio I keep stocked and I see it makes people more likely to pick one up. So although I was not as good at one time, this has helped me out.

14. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    I would definitely agree that dehydration causes problems, and that attaining a healthful degree of hydration through a healthful source is prudent, I have no reason to believe water would be superior to some other things I can think of.

Something that usually comes to mind is a form of tea, such as herbal or green or white tea, especially organic and with no additives. they have all sorts of ancillary benefits that plain water doesn't, although cost could be prohibitive, but only in extreme cases if one searches for good deals and/or buys in bulk.

Great topic, though, the benefits of proper hydration rarely gets the attention it deserves!

:]

15. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely don't drink enough water. I only love drinking water with food. I normally don't drink it by itself. But my mom always tells me to drink water. I get chest pains throughout my days, so she always makes me drink water. I didn't know it prevents wrinkles though. Once I read that I drunk water haha. I always drink every other drink more than water. I will definitely get better at drinking water when I cut off soda.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know I do not drink enough water some days I only drink one cup of coffee and no other liquids. I get busy and forget to drink something. I am going to stop right now and get a large glass of water to drink because again I have not had enough to drink. Most people also do not realize that if they are constipated it is because they need to drink more water.

17. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    By your description alone, I know for a fact that I get enough water. Water is the go to drink in our household. If we want something other than water then it's tea, smoothies or juicing for use in our household.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some thing I have to keep in mind because it could be of some use to me or someone I know some day.

That said, I often drink a lot of water every day because I eat lots of salty food. After every meal I'll drink no less than 2 liters of water. That means by the end of the day, I drink about 6 liters of water or at times more. I've never noticed though whether that keeps my skin shiny :)

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're thirsty, it's exactly the right time lol and most people don't need 8-10 glasses. That's old (and bad) science.. it's just easier for everyone to follow, though most people are peeing out. Watching your urine is a correct suggestion though. I get most of my water through my diet and I'm perfectly hydrated and healthy.

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Drinking lots of water is probably the one thing I do every single day that is healthy! I don't sleep well, I don't always eat healthy (although I'm trying to watch for processed foods and sugar) but I do drink solid 2 lt of water every day, which is the recommended. I am proud of that, at least!
    I always keep a full bottle of water next to me and drink it several times a day.