Do You Drink Enough Water?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by TheViper • Dec 18, 2014.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    There use to be a time that I barely drank any water. Now, you can't pay me to drink some coke or any other harsh drinks. I found myself feeling better overall after exercising or just doing a light jog. Do you guys take in enough water per day?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do make a mental note of the number of glasses I've consumed in a day. Although we all know that the required or ideal number is eight, my endurance can only accommodate around 5 glasses. I try to go for more every now and then, but it only happens whenever workout or excessive walking drains the life out of me.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here; there was a time in my life when I didn't enjoy drinking water. I would drink a lot of coffee, fizzy drinks and juice all day. Then I was put out by extreme exhaustion and dehydration with severe headache, which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It was the weirdest and most unpleasant experience!! From that point on, I started ensuring I drink anything between 500ml-1 litre of water a day and I have actually come to like the "taste" of water. I can't go a day without having my daily dose. I've even cut out all fizzy drinks, which I'll have only on the very rare occasion.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's important to drink water as your main liquid, although that 8 glasses of water per day thing is completely bogus. You get about 20% of your water intake from foods alone. The rest comes from actual liquids, and an adequate amount of water is actually less than 8 glasses or cups per day. Most people try to drink more, and there's nothing wrong with that. Still, the 8 glasses a day myth is perpetuated by the wattle bottle industry more than actual health experts.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people take in enough water, or they'd be very ill or dead lol. Unless you're an athlete, you don't need as much as recommended. That's all silliness. Of course it should be the go to drink for everyone, but we also get plenty through our foods, unless every meal is fake. Just watch your urine lol.. the colour will tell you if you're hydrated or not. The paler the better.

6. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    Water doesn't get enough credit. For people who are looking to be healthier, lose weight, get in shape, etc. You can't do any of that if your body is not properly hydrated. People spend more time researching supplements to give them an extra edge and forget one of the basic foundations: drink water!

7. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Drinking enough water really helps to improve your daily functions. It gives you more energy and makes you feel a lot clearer. I don't think I get enough water everyday, but I do try. I don't drink any other sugary drinks either so that's good. Water helps with so many functions like improving waste transfer, speeding up your metabolism and just general feeling good. Although the 8 glasses a day rule is not exactly true, there doesn't seem to be any downsides to drinking more water in a healthy individual. The only negative might be needing the toilet a lot more often.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are days that I drink too much of water, and there are also some that I am not able to meet the recommended daily intake. It's really hard to measure. When I do my exercise for a day, that's the time that I drink a lot of water. When I am too busy that I am not able to do my exercise, that's the time that I am not able to drink plenty of water and even eat enough of food.

9. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    Water is the best, but my favorite is coconut water. It taste so great, but it has to be pure coconut water with no added sugar or anything. Coconut water has the right amount of sugar naturally, it's natures gatorade, I love it!

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sure try to! I do forget to drink water sometimes, but when I'm working I keep a large plastic bottle with fresh water by my side all day. I will refill it whenever I'm running out and make sure to always have it at hand. Howver even that way sometimes I'll be too busy and forget to drink any water for several hours.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to drink so much soda and juice before and it was almost what I drank exclusively but as I grew older I began to appreciate water a lot more and now I almost never drink sweet drinks anymore, even when I'm at restaurants. I even try and find the fast food restaurants that offer bottled water instead of purely sodas. I honestly don't do it much out of health consciousness though, it's just something I naturally grew used to.

12. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    There are 'doctors' (or former doctors, I forget :p) who say that there ought to be enough water in your food to be sufficiently hydrated.
    And isn't water usually FREE? you'd think that'd be the natural choice for members of this forum ;)

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nice.
    Nice. Most people won't be getting all of their water from food and nobody said that. You SHOULD be getting plenty from your food. That's a given. But what's also a given is that many don't care enough about their health for that so they'd rather turn to drinking massive quantities. The recommended amount is silly because a) everyone is different and b) most people are pretty hydrated or close enough to it that they don't need to drink the equivalent of a small lake like "they" say.. our bodies will always tell us and we will almost always accommodate whether we know it or not. That's why I say keep an eye on the urine.. it knows better than a made up number.

14. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I try to drink enough water per day for myself, but I get distracted at times from doing so from my daily activities. Although I've read most people require around 2 liters of water per day or more contrast to where they live, I usually intake only 1.5 liters or 3 bottles of 17 ounces of water because at the moment I'm not as active. Most people do not understand the importance of drinking enough water per day, which sugared or fermented drinks are really much help to hydrating a human properly.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am trying to drink more water. I am not in love the plain taste of water. I need to add a lemon to the water to be able to drink it. I do drink tea and 1 cup of coffee a day. I do not add sugar to the water when I add lemon just plain water and lemon. I don't drink soda so that is not a concern for me.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Lol yeah that's true, and i have to admit that it does also factor in to my decision to just order water somewhat because sodas at restaurants are often ridiculously overpriced. It would cost me about a dollar to buy a can of soda at a convenience store, for example, whereas it would cost around two or more at a restaurant.

17. lollie

lollieNew Member

Threads:
    Ha! I'm the same exact way. Growing up I hated water! Now I love love love it. I'm a fitness buff, so I drink around 1 gallon each day. I also use my handy dandy fruit infuser to help with taste. The taste doesn't bother me, but I'm a fruit lover so it enhances my drinking experience :)

I won't drink soda or concentrated juices :(

18. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. I drink more than one gallon per day naturally. Sometimes, I drink soda, juice, tea, or coffee as well but I drink more than one gallon of water every day on top of that. I use water filter that you use monthly to cleanse tap water and make it drinkable. That way, it is cheaper than those bottled waters, even the one that comes in gallons.

19. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually drink quite a lot of water. I believe it is quite required for your health. I do not think there is another way to do it than drink lots and lots of water. I usually prefer to drink two liters of water.

20. OllyFitness

OllyFitnessNew Member

Threads:
    I usually aim to get about 3/4 liters per day and I am always carrying around a bottle of water with me. In terms of whether this is actually beneficial.. Probably not too much? I just enjoy drinking a lot of water.

Beats all the energy drinks people seem to love nowadays! I despise Red Bull.