Do You Drink Enough Water?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by TheViper • Dec 18, 2014.

1. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I drink the recommended amount of water everyday. It's become more of a habit because I started doing it years ago, when my liver and kidney went to sh*t. I must say, it's made me healthier overall and I like it.

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do drink lots of water whenever I'm at home. The only thing that I hate about drinking water is that I frequently go the bathroom after I drink water which becomes a hassle whenever I travel because I always feel the urge to go to the toilet. My average travel time from home to school is around an hour and a half so you can just imagine how much I suffer when I feel the urge to pee. Lol!

3. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    There is a saying 'water is life' and this is so true. Like you I never used to drink water years ago and when I started I also began to feel and see the changes that were happening to my body and mind. From my complexion to my general well being. These days I try to get in at lest 8 cups of water each day.

4. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I definitely DO NOT drink enough water. I sometimes drink only 1 glass a day:( I drink so much juice on a daily basis, it's sad. The weird thing is that I know my skin looks better and I feel healthier with more water in my system, I just have developed a dislike for the taste of water. I need to work on this!

5. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    I drink lots of water and green tea, which I brew weak and don't add anything to so for the most part it is water. It has caffeine but not much, and caffeine may not be a diuretic to those that regularly consume it.

I mostly get water through food, though, since I cook all of my meals and eat a plant-based diet.

Hydration is mainly checked by urination frequency and how clear said fluid is. I'm almost always clear as bottled water and go at LEAST 8 times per day.

Thanks for reading! :)

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have to say I'm working hard at drinking more water each day. I bring a thermos with ice water in it from home which hold about a litre of water or 4 cups. I sip on it through out the day and if I don't finish it at work I make sure to put in the cup holder for the drive home. Once it's finished I refill it and keep sipping on it until bedtime. I do agree that a downside is the more you drink the more you have to go the bathroom. Staying hydrated is so important. I have to say I feel better for drinking more water and I have fewer headaches.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I love an ice cold glass of water. I drink almost the recommended daily amount of water each day. Sometimes, I do not get in enough but I try to stay hydrated as it makes me feel better. I hardly ever drink anything else except if I am out to dinner then I may splurge and have a glass of pop. I think water is much more refreshing to drink when you are thirsty and I am not sure how people drink juice or pop when they are thirsty.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to think that I drink enough water per day, otherwise I would feel dehydrated, right? Now that it's summertime over here, I'm inclined to drink more water than usual because it's hot, and that's good for the body.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @thenextGeek@thenextGeek....I see where you're coming from since I used to have the same problem. That can be annoying, especially if there aren't that many public loos along the way. I'm not sure what changed for me, but I don't seem to get that problem anymore. My problem comes in if I have coffee and then water before leaving the house, I just can't seem to stop peeing!! I guess it's down to the fact that coffee is a diuretic.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I have fallen off of the drinking-enough-water wagon. Ever since Christmas, and pigging out on all of the holiday food, and junk, I have not been able to get back onto my healthy eating wagon the way that I was prior to breaking my commitment at Christmas. This includes water. I had made it a habit to drink a lot of water and was doing it prior to the holidays. Not so much now though.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still don't drink water.. I fell off that wagon a couple summers ago lol. Thankfully, my diet seems sufficient because my urine is beautiful lmao. And I don't feel dehydrated in the least.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    You must still be getting all of your water from fruits and veg. I noticed that my urine was unusually clear the other day for someone who had not been on her water game lol. I have not really been eating good healthy foods either, so I don't know where it came from.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hm, dunno.. did you eat well the day before? Drink 8-10 glasses and not go pee the day before? lol.
    Yes, my diet is extrememly heavy in fruits and veggies; love love!

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    No, my diet has been really shitty since Christmas, when I pigged out and have not really made the adjustment back into healthy foods since :( I used to wake up every morning, boil the kettle, and wait for my hot water to cool slightly before drinking it on an empty stomach. I used to have several glasses of warm water throughout the day too. All of that is stopped. I need to start doing it again. Or maybe I will just cook a bunch of veg and eat them all on the side of another dish.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well you know I dig that idea! lol. I much prefer it to water.. I'm back to this hating water trend I go through once in a while. Maybe once things heat up and I'm out moving around a bit more.. wasn't extremely active this winter, so that may have something to do with it. Ah well.. water is water, get it any way you can :)

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    You don't like water? I know a lot of people struggle with the taste, or with the lack of taste when it comes to water. But seriously, I don't mind it now. I used to. But not now. I am not particularly fond of how some veg tastes, but if you eat it with a meal then the taste is less pronounced.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually though me drinking about 1.5 litres per day was a lot or let's say adequate. But I was talking to someone at work today, and she said she has about 6 litres a day! is that even recommended?! IDK I feel like that might be a little too much. I couldn't stomach that much water, plus I'd always be nipping to the loo LOL

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind it, I just find it boring to get the majority of my intake that way. Drinking something that tastes like nothing all day doesn't appeal to me lol. So I get it every other way possible.. there, not boring lol.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    To me, water doesn't taste like nothing. It used to before I grew accustomed to all of its little nuances. It definitely has a taste, and is one of the best liquids when it comes to making me feel like my thirst is quenched. And nobody is going to tell me that veg is not boring on the pallet, depending upon how it is cooked lol.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel about water the way you feel about veggies and you feel about veggies the way I feel about water lol. But again, I don't really feel that way about water.. just going through a phase I go through once in a while. It's amazing when you're thirsty.. best thing in the world, but I'm just not feeling it at the mo. And veggies rawk, go marry a chef lol..