Do You Drink Enough Water?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by TheViper • Dec 18, 2014.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to think I do, but I probably don't. I just got a new water bottle and I try to drink two of them a day (which is probably around 4 glasses of water a day), but sometimes I can't get all of that in. I need to cut back on my coffee nd drink more water that is for sure.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am on your second sentence, and I am already so confused lol. I don't hate veg actually, the only thing I don't like is that they are not as easy to get as water is, and I have to cook them. I don't have to cook water. I just have to boil a kettle, or filter the water, and then I am good to go. And I know right? Nothing quenches one's thirst like water.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be addicted to colored drinks, be it cola or juice or even iced tea and coffee. But in the year 1995, I was diagnosed with kidney stones. It was a terrible pain in my lower back that caused the discovery. Afer undergoing lithotripsy procedure to crush the stones and let it pass in the urine, the urologist prescribed me to drink at least 10 glasses of water. Take note, that's at least. I bring big water bottles to the office as a reminder that I had to drink more water than normal to prevent the re-occurrence of stones.

In the process, I have saved a lot because I seldom buy soda or other colored drinks.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I usually drink around six to eight glasses of water per day but there are exceptional days when it may reach up twelve to glasses per when it gets hotter than usual. I sometimes add a bit of lemon juice as flavour to the water. I was told that the lemon with the water helps to flush toxins from the kidneys.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think you'd be alone in that. I know very few every day people who can just drink water. People are addicted to sugar, so they find it really really difficult to just drink water, as opposed to all of those fizzy colored high sugar drinks. A lot of people think that when they put down the soda and pick up fruit juice, that that is the answer and that they are being healthy, but those juice drinks are also full of sugar.

6. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    Taking my weight, age and height into account, I should drink 1,5 litres of water a day. However, I only manage to consume 1-1,25 litres. I don't really enjoy water, I prefer tasty beverages like tea, coffee, juice or smoothies. Still, I try to drink at least a litre a day. What really helps to improve the taste of water is adding a piece of lemon, strawberry, orange or a few mint leaves.

7. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Damn, sometimes It feels like I don't. And it makes me feel frustrated. I'm aware of the whole importance to stay hydrated thing. Our body is water, predominantly. So, we literally need to reproduce it all the time. That's why it's pretty important to drink a lot of water in the first place.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Drinking water shouldn't be problem but for some reason i fail at drinking enough amount of water our body needs. Life just gets in the way. I do drink coke and concentrated juice a lot which is not good at all so i'm trying to cut back on these vices and just go for pure water.

9. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    How much is enough and how much is too much? Being all over the Internet, fitness gurus would tell people to drink a minimum of 8 glasses throughout the day. A certain doctor recommended to only drink when you're thirsty because too much water flushes out electrolytes. Another random fact video said that a person with a sedentary lifestyle doesn't need to drink water as much as someone who works out hard. I just make sure that I drink water 5-6 glasses throughout the day.

10. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I've always made healthy choices when it comes to the liquids I consume, but when I was younger I don't think I ever drank the suggested eight glasses of water per day. These days, I always start and end my days with a glass of water. I don't get the eight glasses every day, but I try to.

11. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I always drink at east the recommended 8 cups a day. But honestly I find major benefits in drinking more than that. You feel fuller all day if you constantly drink water, which helps curb overeating. Also, if you are doing any exercising, you probably need more than 64 ounces daily to keep you hydrated.

12. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Nowadays I try to drink at least 3 cups of water a day. I know it is still not enough but compared to before when I hardly drank water and instead drank lots of juices, sodas and coffee I am doing much better with it. I have to say that I feel more healthy because of it. And it is true you only get headaches if you do not drink water at all.
    Since a couple of months I am changing my diet, trying to eat more fruits and veggies instead of all that sweet or oily stuff.
    It is not possible to change completely overnight because it has to do with breaking a habit but it is definitely worth becoming more healthier.

13. RElizabeth

RElizabethNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely don't drink enough water. The taste doesn't really bother me at all or anything- I try really hard but I get lazy and just don't drink enough. I hike a lot as well, so it's especially important for me to be drinking more. I recently downloaded an app on my phone to help remind me to drink more, so hopefully that will help. I think having a water filter would help me as well, I'm thinking about getting a Brita water bottle and filter.

14. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for reminding me about this because I love water and used to drink it almost excusively, because I just got adapted to it and that was what I wanted. But lately there has been sugary drinks in the fridge and I have been drinking a few of those. I know I will feel better to get back on pure water. 1/2 gallon or so a day!

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    8 to 10 glasses a day is the ideal water intake, right? I do think you can up this range if you're going for water therapy (something I do once in a blue moon). My personal water intake is only between 7 and 8 but since I drink juices on the sideline, I'm still pretty much hydrated for the most part.

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to get in enough water, but I believe I'm not drinking enough water and drink more coffee than I should. I watch these things now days, so I try to drink at least more water than coffee. Hopefully I get enough water. On

they explain how you can tell when you use the bathroom to see if you're getting enough water for the color will be translucent and not yellow.

17. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:
    For a long time now, I have come to know water as my best natural energy booster. I came to realize that, whenever I went for long without water, other than feeling thirsty, I would feel somehow weak. After taking a glass or two of water, I would feel revitalized.

I have since made it a habit to keep sipping water. As we discuss this, my water bottle is on the desk. But honestly speaking, I can't quantify how much water I take daily. The most important thing to me is, I don't in the slightest moment go thirty.

18. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:
    For a long time now, I have come to know water as my best natural energy booster. I came to realize that, whenever I went for long without water, other than feeling thirsty, I would feel somehow weak. After taking a glass or two of water, I would feel revitalized.

I have since made it a habit to keep sipping water. As we discuss this, my water bottle is on the desk. But honestly speaking, I can't quantify how much water I take daily. The most important thing to me is, I don't in the slightest moment go thirty.

19. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:

20. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Its summer and I live in temperate climate. The day time temperature can rise upto 42 degree Celsius. Since its a hot climate, I drink lots of water. I drink just about five liters of water to hydrate my body. During the winter, I drink less water, just about three liters. When I am outdoors, I drink more water and when I am indoors I drink less. How much water I drink depends on climate and season.