Do you drink sport drinks after workouts?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by vennybunny • Oct 10, 2014.

1. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like the taste of sports drinks so I do not buy them. I do not think that my kids need them either since they do have a lot of sugar in them. The only time I might drink on is after I have been sick with a stomach bug and cannot keep anything on my stomach. They have made me feel better after that. But they are expensive and water will be just fine after a work out.

2. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, no. The sugar content is too high. It is much better to drink water after a work out. If you are drinking fructose or corn syrup, you are undoing all of your hard work.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    The horror stories I've heard of the side effects of sports drinks consumption deters me from making a habit of drinking it. I'm not sure if it's all hoax or not but i didn't bother getting to the bottom of it. I do indulge myself occasionally because let's face it, they do taste good, like the monsters drink. But i'm not so crazy about it, i can live without.

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink sports drink. Sport drinks give you instant energy, however, in the long run sport drink damages your health. After a hard work, when I am tired, I drink fresh fruit juice or simply water. Water is the best drink for human body. If you need instant energy, drink honey water instead.

5. My3Sons_NJ

My3Sons_NJMember

Threads:
    I have bought and consumed sports drinks over the years and find them to be very useful in recovering from a strenuous workout, especially when the temperature exceeds 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I consider a strenuous workout as exercising at a fairly vigorous pace for a period of at least 35 minutes in duration. For shorter or less intense workouts, water or a mixture of water and juice are sufficient to replenish the lost fluids but for the more strenuous workouts, I do drag a bit the following day if I do not consume a sports drink during or after the workout. As for cost, Powerade is priced reasonably and I have been able to pick up the 32 oz bottles for 70-80 cents/bottle when they are on sale.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I just drink some water or a protein shake to replenish my body. I will drink a sports drink after a real hard workout only because I know I lose a lot of electrolytes. It just feels so good to replenish my body. I just don't like the high price of the sports drinks.

7. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I think personally I realy like water is enough for me and cheaer than these sport drinks and makes me full

8. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I usually stick to just water so I don't have to spend money on sports drinks. People can workout without the need to spend on anything. Although sports drinks do have benefits, I suppose for me, I can do without them. I don't have to have them if they're not really needed.

9. gwood

gwoodNew Member

Threads:
    I don't. I just drink water. I find cold water more refreshing than any sports or other drinks. But maybe that's just me. No matter how much I drink (sports drink or cokes or juices), I would be still thirsty unless I drink some fresh cold plain water. So I just skip the sports drink part and move directly to the plain water .

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the same as you ladies, water all the way for me. I personally hate the taste of energy drinks, so it's not really about saving money or being healthy. I guess it's a blessing in disguise because by not drinking them, I kill those 2 birds with one stone, so to speak :)

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love POWERADE Zero like StacyJe. I drink POWERADE Zero when I can afford it and when I can carry it home on the bus. It has lots of added B vitamins that aren't in my multi, so it complements my diet and tastes good.