Do you drink too much coffee?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maryannballeras • Nov 24, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    'What drugs (like caffeine) ARE' are usually 'just synthetic productions of chemicals your body produces naturally.' When your husband "prepares himself for not drinking any coffee," his brain creates the chemical caffeine synthesizes.

So no, it's NOT an addiction. (Besides, another big quality of an addiction is the need for more-&-more of the substance).

How is 'coffee' NOT 'just a type of tea'? They're both made by 'letting hot water sit with parts of plants!' :confused:

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big coffee drinker. Sometimes when I am really tired, and I have things that I need to b doing, and I have no idea how I am going to get through it without a pick me up, I'll have some coffee. I have found that it is hit and miss though. Sometimes within the first ten minutes after guzzling a mug of coffee, I will feel invigorated, and other times it just doesn't do the job that I want it to. I'll always try though.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing else makes me alert and alive as coffee does. I drink coffee without anything else. I don't actually drink it for pleasure; I drink it because I need it. So my coffee drink is always concentrated. It's really unbearable, but I really have to bear it. If I didn't drink coffee, I'd sure gonna fall asleep, which just makes me unproductive. Also, what I like with drinking coffee is that it decreases my appetite. I wouldn't really it, or wouldn't feel like doing it until the caffeine from the coffee has worn off. Usually, during weekdays, I would drink coffee every 5 hours. It's the duration that the caffeine stays in the system.

4. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yeah! i agree on that you know a cup of coffiee on daily basis increase immunity in human body and make him more active. :cool:

I really like its taste and drink it for both reasons as i do have need it for my routine work and i love it's taste as well.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Where did you learn that coffee builds up immunity in the body? I don't think that you mean that it builds up the immune system, does it? Or are you talking about how the more coffee you drink, the more immune your body becomes to the affects that coffee is supposed to have on your body. So I would think that the more coffee that one drinks, the less effective it would be? And as for the taste of coffee, well it has to be made right. If it is too strong then it tastes like satan's anal leakage lol.

#25Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Woah! If it built up immunity, I'd be Superman by now! No idea how coffee would give me super powers AND a penis, but he was the first to come to mind lol. Coffee is a funny thing,,, too strong and it tastes like Satan's anal leakage.. too weak and it tastes like his bath water after cleaning up said leakage. It's an art!

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    LOL!! I guess I don't understand how one could become immune to coffee then? And if coffee is going to put hair on my chest, then I think I'd better put it down lol. I'm hairy enough thank you ;) I love the analogy lmaooo!!! I don't know; I used to enjoy strong coffee. Maybe I don't now, because we have changed brands since moving? Not sure. I am more of a cappuccino kind of girl myself. Coffee just as coffee doesn't really do much for my taste buds. Sadly, the milk in the cappuccino always fucks with my stomach lol.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I'd be a flavoured coffee girl myself if it weren't for all the additives that make it scrummy. I've tried various things to make it taste better, but nothing I could do on a daily basis. It's bad enough I have a vice, I don't need to make it any more addictive lol. Still on the hunt to find an alternative that won't have me sitting next to Satan in the emergency room ;)

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I did recently hear about this new rum flavored coffee. Sounded nice. But what is the point when you can actually add rum or whiskey to coffee?? My older sister has been doing this for years - adding brown spirits to hot beverages, such as tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Even Horlicks. And I have got to say, that the taste of alcohol in these drinks really improves the taste. Not that they tasted in bad in the first place. Some combinations taste absolutely gorgeous.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well that would be dangerous for me.. I'd end up with farrrrr too much coffee in me, I wouldn't be able to stop lmao. I still can't find the right coffee anyway.. I need it sweet because I find it bitter and I can't find anything to do better than my current sweeteners. That was alllllmost a tongue twister.

I've been seeing some alternatives to coffee made from fruits actually.. I'm very curious about them. And dandelion coffee. I may be all for the healthier versions of things, but that's just going too far for me lol. So if I ever remember to do it, I want to try the fruit coffee, it has good reviews. Or maybe I'll just give up, run down to Starbucks, order a grande cuppa hipster joe and take some pictures of my feet.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I've been talking to you for all of this time, and I have no idea if you drink alcohol or not. Either that, or we have already spoken about it and I have forgotten. It seems like you like it lol. We have sugar cubes, but I don't like them because one cube is too much sugar, in my opinion. You can break them up, but why should I have to? Why can't we just have normal grains of sugar, like everyone else? Lol. Dandelion coffee??? -_- I'll leave it at that lmaooo!!

The fruit coffee sounds absolutely scrumptious. One of my favorite kinds of tea is peach tea. I am assuming that these fruit alternatives to coffee don't give the same energy boost? Nevertheless I really want to taste it. But coffee has such a strong taste, that I can imagine it overpowering the fruity tastes. Take all the pictures of your feet that your phone battery will allow, just as long as those toes are manicured :)

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No no silly.. hipsters don't take pics of their bare feet in Starbucks. Yet. Do they??? Anyway.. I don't use sugar anymore. Sometimes I run out of whatever else and I'll use it in my coffee and I'm instantly ravenous and crave awful things.. like an entire bakery and cigarettes LOL. Seriously, cut it out of your diet for a while and see what happens when you reintroduce it. Scary stuff. I know they say sugar is sugar is sugar, but I'm seeing a very different case in my own home and I'm getting my hands on some pretty awesome studies that suggest otherwise. I guess it just depends on what consequences you're trying to avoid.

The fruit coffee doesn't actually taste like fruit. Instead of coffee beans, it's made of fruit.. I think. I haven't looked in a while.. here, let me find it for you lol....

K nevermind.. Google isn't as smart as it looks lol.

Anyway.. it SUPPOSEDLY tastes like coffee, but without the... everything coffee has lol. And there are different varieties, so I'm sure some do taste like fruit, but I can't remember. Ugh, this is going to bug me now.. I'll find it when I'm done here.

Oh, and yes.. adore alcohol.. I think they should prescribe it for almost everything lol. I don't drink often.. but it's not something I can sip daintily, let's just put it that way haha.

#32Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Is it really "too much" coffee if you're a happy addict? lol, high functioning and all that business? In all seriousness though, I used to drink too much coffee, I really was pushing it in terms of how much was good for me to have...I've cut back a lot now. I still end up having it more days than not, but I have a lot less than I used to.

14. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I am sure that I drink too much only when there is lots of tension in my mind. I prefer to enjoy coffee as it relaxes me to a very great extent. I believe coffee also helps you to be awake.