Do You Drive To Lower Ses Neighborhoods To Get Deals?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Sunshine • Feb 12, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live the cost of living is very high. It is hard to find deals in the stores near me and there even seems to be some price gauging going on.

I often drive up to 30 minutes away in order to find stores with better prices and more sales. Sometimes I even find myself in a neighborhood I'm not sure is completely safe!

Do you drive into lower SES neighborhoods, to access different stores or find stores with more sales and bargains?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I suppose I actually live in a lower SES neighbourhood myself and I do agree that the stores in my area have better prices and sales. We have more discount stores than other areas and the cost of services like dry cleaning, auto repairs and hairdressing is a little lower too.

3. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    well let me clarify too we are here temporarily and could never afford to settle here. I wonder how the people who live here can afford everything! That's why I often wonder if the people who live here ever drive out and shop elsewhere once in a while.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I just go to the nearby Walmart. I'm satisfied with the prices there so I don't drive to other neighborhoods for better deals.