Do you eat junk foods?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 9, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like junk foods. But recently I try to avoid them because of their high sodium content and other ingredients that are not just healthy, but could also give us many diseases, speed them up, and cell mutations, which cause cancer. I just want to be healthy as much as I could and I see this, my avoidance, as something I could do. But not easy.

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Every once in a while, sure.
    I wouldn't do it as a regular thing but I don't think it's that bad to indulge in junk food once a month or so.
    It's not good for you, but it's delicious :)

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't eat a lot of junk food but I do love my potato chips which is probably the worst on the market for junk food. I eat a total of 4 bags day. Even though the bags are small I still know that they are bad for me. I like to eat cookies late at night topped with a glass of milk.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    It's all about moderation. Everyone eats junk food. Even the food that's not "junk" food is not always that great for you. But most things are fine in moderation, in my opinion.

5. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of junk food. Burgers are my guilty pleasure and my university sells samosas all over the place. It's a good and fast fix, but of course I don't eat the sort of food everyday. It's nice to indulge once in a while or if I am in a rush. Being too strict on yourself doesn't help anyone and only makes you more stressed out; however, eating junk food all the time will not do you any favours either. Moderation is key for almost everything.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Occasionally I do. I'm not that much into junk food, I prefer to have an actual meal to eat. I find that everytime I get a burger I get hungry again a couple of hours later... not to mention it's really fat and makes me feel lazy afterwards! But usually on weekends I will have my share of junk. Just today I had a Subway sandwich with 3 cookies to go with it. I love Subway's cookies!!

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Every now and then yes. But I only eat potato chips and not much else. I throw in an occasional soda sometimes but that's about it. I'm not much concerned for my health, but I find junk foods unsatisfactory and I'd rather eat a full meal.

8. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I will not say that I do not eat them but once in a while is not a bad thing. This is especially if you have a busy schedule and you do not have enough time to cook for yourself. You can always have the takeouts but they do not need to be necessarily junk food.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I do eat junk food. D: I try not to eat too much of it though. I've recently been trying to switch out potato chips for Casava chips, cause it has way less calories, fat and sodium in them then standard potato chips. I love how they taste, but my boyfriend thinks they taste "funky". Then again, I eat sweet potato chips and other types of chips that aren't "normal" potato chips. I also have the bad habit of eating M&M's a lot, but I'm cutting back on that drastically, since the habit is getting a little bit too expensive. D:

10. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Who doesn't? I really love junk food and I know that its not healthy. I'm trying to suppress the urge to munch on especially now that I have kids because I don't want to be a bad
    example to them. I want them to be health conscious individuals. I cook healthy snacks for them instead so that they won't feel deprived. I cook thinly sliced crunchy potatoes with garlic and salt for my kids which is my healthy take on the junky potato chips.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, I do eat junk food in the form of potato chips. That's about it. I only eat potato chips when I'm eating a sandwich which isn't very often. I also eat dark chocolate almonds. I don't consider them junk food though. They are my only food addiction.

12. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I do love junk foods but I try not to eat them whenever I have a chance to. I cook at home nowadays and always make sure that I'm cooking a healthy food for my family. We still occasionally eat those food especially if we have been having the crave for a while.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love junk foods, and I tend to buy them occasionally as well. But not that often, since I now would rather spend my money on something "heavy" like bread or burgers rather than something that will not make me full at all. Because I could eat a ton of junk food and still feel hungry, so I'd rather spend m money on more fulfilling foods.

14. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I eat junk food but I have eaten too much of it in the past. I try to avoid it as much as possible now and am trying to change my diet. Even times when I don't eat junk food I eat more than I'm supposed to. I'm pretty obsessive and go crazy with things I enjoy.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love junk food and I'd eat them everyday if only they weren't so unhealthy. My favorites are french fries and potato chips, but they are both just too drenched in oil and full of salt that I tend to only have either only once or twice a month. I also love store-bought pizza that I'm sure has a lot of oil in them as well, so I also try to limit my intake of that as much as possible. I also used to be addicted to sodas and juices but thank goodness I was able to kick the habit as I grew older and I now only drink sodas every now and again.

16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be so addicted to junk foods but now that I'm more cautious of what I eat, I really try to avoid them. I got to do this by not buying any junk food at all and whenever I'm in the supermarket, I really make sure that I don't pass by the junk food aisle. I also make sure that whenever I invite guests to come over for a party at home, I specifically tell them not to bring chips or anything like that. It was important to really avoid seeing any junk food. When you don't, you get to forget that such kind of a food actually exists and you will develop appetite for more nutritious food.

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into too many snacks but I guess as being primarily carnivorous, people may consider my diet as junk food. I do love ice cream/milkshakes though and a select few candies but I don't eat them everyday. I had to eat Doritos at the yard sale last weekend because it was either chips or hot dogs and I hate hot dogs. Normally I don't eat chips other than Tostitos with salsa con queso once in a blue moon. I have a weakness for bacon cheese fries though. Put bacon on anything and I will probably eat it but I know that moderation is key.

18. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy junk food but not on a regular basis. Every once in awhile I indulge in something sweet or salty, but I'd really rather have fruit or hummus most days. Healthier snacks can be a bit more expensive but I feel better when I eat healthy so it's worth it to me to budget for this.

19. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there's anyone who can avoid junk food all the time! There's just too many tasty things out there and too many things that simply aren't good for you. I think the key is just to take everything in moderation. So if you go out to eat, only try and do it a few times of month instead of a few times a week. When going grocery shopping, only pick out one or 2 things "junk food" type items. Maybe drink more water for any sugary drinks that you have.

20. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! I eat a lot of fast food and junk food (which I think is just the same thing). But I don't really make it a habit to eat too often since it's not really good for you, but it's really hard not to eat these kinds of food because they're made to taste like heaven and who wouldn't want to pass on it?