Do You Eat Midnight Snacks?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Nov 26, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love snacking on midnight, my sleep is always a lot better if I fall asleep without my belly grumbling. I don't go overboard and eat full meals, of course, a roll of bread with some cheese spread is good enough, or maybe a rice cake or two. Do you guys have midnight snacks? What do you like to eat during this time?

2. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I love midnight snacks and I agree I dislike going to bed hungry. Though I have gone to bed with an empty stomach and actually slept much better than I would with a full stomach. If you eat too much before going to bed, your stomach will be using energy towards digesting the food. So if you eat until you are completely full you might get half the sleep then you normally would. I love the snacks though. I would go for protein shakes or something that is full of protein!

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not even up at midnight; I'd have to wake myself up to eat lol. I eat whole, real foods, so I'm usually satisfied by the time I go to bed. processed foods will usually leave someone hungry after a short time.

4. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    You caught me! The downside to this, is I only tend to do it when I'm feeling antsy and can't sleep good, so I shuffle off to the bathroom and then stop by the fridge on the way back to bed. It's generally something sweet like a snack cake or granola bar. I always feel guilty for doing it, but everyone else is asleep, so its my little secret!

5. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to eat midnight snacks but I don't anymore :). I have been told to get some weight off due to medical reasons, I must admit I am feeling much better for it also :). I used to eat late at night and not exercise enough, so I have learnt to not eat after 7 in the evening now. It's hard at times but I'm getting there :)

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do eat midnight snacks because I'm usually up and working on the computer. I don't eat anything heavy. I can't fall asleep if I'm hungry and I can't fall asleep after I have eaten something heavy. I usually eat almonds, popcorn made on the stovetop or a small portion of what I ate for dinner.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to eat a lot of midnight snacks, which I always have the hunger for. Now, I don't eat midnight snacks as many as I used to because it's not good to eat the minute I go to sleep. I would have to force myself not to eat snacks after 11 o'clock because unless I'm super hungry.

8. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes have mid night snacks but have been tried to cut down on eating after a certain time because I have been having a problem losing weight. Normally I like to eat cottage cheese because there is something about it that helps me sleep better. Otherwise I like to munch out on something crunchy like pop corn. Ugh, I wish I didn't read this thread now because I am getting hungry just thinking about it lol. It is actually 12:34 here now. I have been keeping less junk food type snacks in my home lately though, so this also helps. Less salty and sweets, more fruits and veggies.

9. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do occasionally have midnight snacks. I usually like to eat cheese crackers like Cheez-It's, Whales, etc.

I also like to eat cookies or graham crackers too.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No midnight snacks for me. Once I take my supper and it's usually a late supper, then all I'll attend to for the next six or so hours before the day breaks, is try to get myself some sleep. Occasionally I might take a cup of coffee when insomnia gets the better of me but I don't go beyond that.

11. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I don't understand how people can drink coffee so late. I mean you might sleep but it won't be the same sleep as if you didn't drink coffee. It stays in your system for so long!

12. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    Even if I say I love midnight snacks I would only be cheating since at no time would you find me awake at that time. I have recently tried to follow-up a program set by my doctor to be having midnight snacks but I failed to meet the required standards. I could set my phone alarm to wake me up at 11.30 pm, 0.00, 0.30 am, 1.00 am and 1.30 but the only time i could hear it would be at 1.30. After that I could say am taking a 20 minutes sip which translate to four or three hours.

13. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Well, not midnight snacks no, but evening snacks yes because at midnight I'm usually at sleep. :)

My snacks can go from cereals and milk, yogurt, cookies to something more complex like egg and rice and tuna or some other canned food or left overs. ;)

14. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to anymore because it will ruin my eating regime but I always use to have a second door really late in the evening.

15. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I've had a firm rule for almost 5 years now that I won't eat anything after 10pm. It helped me at first to drop about 15 pounds and I have never gone back.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every once in awhile I will have a midnight snack something usually light like a granola bar or some chips or maybe some fruit bananas strawberries grapes and kiwi's most of the time when I want a snack I try to go for some fruit.

17. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I can handle just that. A midnight snack, but there are times that i have over done it and eaten a bit too much and literally fail to sleep cause my stomach is so full.

18. dejongkimberlee

dejongkimberleeNew Member

Threads:
    Everyone I know eats midnight snacks. But me, I eat midnight meals! I take the idea of late night snacking to a new extreme by eating full meals late at night.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually love to eat midnight snacks and I usually eat whatever I can find, whether it's bread, rice, banana, etc. Sometimes I even order food from McDonald's or other 24-hour fast food chains to satisfy my hunger.

20. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I generally don't have midnight snacks, the only time I eat that at midnight is when I come home from work late and I'm starving. Other than that, I usually just settle for a few glasses of water if I'm hungry. I used to snack late at night and then I gained a lot of weight; it's not healthy to eat so late and go to sleep, so I stopped and I lost the weight again. :)