Do You End Up Buying Products Tempted By Free Offers?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by luckycharm • Oct 9, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I often buy products when there are free offers associated with it. I think it is a bad habit and most of the times it may not be of any use to me. It happens mostly when I use my credit card for shopping. I am not able to control it and hence I stopped using my credit card. When I am with limited money I have no other option but to buy only things which are actually required.

Have you ever been affected by this shopping mania and end up buying products which are not actually required. In shopping malls they know how to present a product to get the buyers’ maximum attention. Most of these products would be of low quality or would be expiring soon. They just wanted to clear the stock.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not the usual shopper who buy on impulse. On the contrary, I always plan my purchases especially for expensive items. It is a coincidence that I just ordered a leggings worth 2k pesos (around $40) that will be my gift to my wife for her birthday later this month. The leggings is a stretchable jeans that can work like a girdle which can hold the bulges of my wife's tummy. I know she would like it so after carefully studying the offer on that home shopping tv channel, I finally ordered after a month of observation. With the free gift, the total cost of the purchase if 5k pesos so it is a big discount that I got... according to their blurb.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    As much as I would like to admit, there are times that I get tempted by these offers. Although I don't have any plans of buying that certain product and it's not even in my shopping list, but seeing a free item with it seems to be appealing.

Just like when I went to the grocery store last week to have my weekly stock shopping, I was about to go to the counter when I saw this particular cheese product with a free cute tupperware with it. The plastic container looks really cool that it made me purchased the cheese without it being on my shopping list just because of this adorable tupperware.

Well, up to now I'm using it as a butter container and I never regret that I bought it. Thanks to it being free :)

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be tempted, but not now unless it's something I actually want and need. I have had too much junk in the past that I thought would be useful one day and that day never came!

Offers have to be genuine for me to take then up. I would rather get a bigger discount than a free gift as I find it's better to save the cash for things I really need. Right now I have a free clutch bag that I would never have bought, and it's sitting there and may get used one day.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I do buy stuff that has a bundled freebie with them, especially if I like the item. If not then I just pass up the offer. The latest freebie that we got was a free bar soap that came with the powdered soap, so that's one useful freebie. I assume they give such products away because it's gonna expire already.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy products with free items if I'm sure that I'll be using the product or the item immediately or in the near future. For instance, I don't mind buying 2-3 pieces of coconut powder to get a free plastic container. For sure, we would be consuming the food product in the next two weeks. I've also bought a cheese product I normally buy anyway and it comes with a free cheese container with grater.