Do You End Up Spending More On Your Credit Card Due To Free Offers?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by luckycharm • Nov 8, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I am somewhat a spendthrift and not able to control my credit card usage. I always end up buying unnecessary things for some cheap free gifts. So I stopped using credit card these days.

When I go to a shopping mall with a list in hand and credit card in pocket I always buy products which are of no immediate use to me. Free gifts and offers attract me a lot and it is something like having a magic spell on me. I think they know how to attract customers by carefully arranging products to get the maximum visibility. Most of these products with free offers would be of a low expiry date or of inferior quality.

Do you know how to use your credit card wisely while shopping? What steps do you take to ensure that?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use a credit cards, however, this happens to me with my debit card. I end up spending more on my debit card due to free offers. When I see products in discounts or in sale, I try to buy them despite the fact that I may not actually want it. Since I use debit card, I somewhat control my expenses, however, if I had credit card, I would end up spending more.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Experience will tell you on what to do with your credit card. There are lots of reviews, testimonies of the good and bad effect of using a credit card. If you are keen enough you may learn so many disadvantages of excessive using of credit card. Well, those are the practical lessons in life as far as credit card is concerned. Promotions of various free offerings taken via credit card are just to attract buyers, especially those impulsive buyers and of course, they end up with a big problem.