Do you enjoy baking?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jrh2 • May 27, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I have always liked baking and love making cakes and biscuits. My family like to bake too so that's where I learnt and my favourite thing about baking is eating a cake warm out of the oven, especially chocolate cake!

Do you enjoy baking and what is your favourite thing to bake?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I do enojy it but I don't do it very often. The bread I make always turns out pretty poor, but cakes I'm fine with. I can also bake a nice pie but that is only 5-10 times per year. I think that if I had more money and time, I would bake a lot more.

3. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy baking :) Yumm, chocolate cake is one of my favourite things to eat, but not to bake because it'll be too tempting to eat the batter haha. I enjoy baking cheesecakes and I just LOVE decorating them! The only downside about baking a cheesecake is that you have to wait for it to chill before you decorate and eat them because it'll taste weird if its warm. haha

4. Abqu

AbquNew Member

Threads:
    I love baking, but I'm not a traditional baker. I love making casseroles or finding ways to bake in the oven instead of preparing meals the traditional way. I bake a lot so that I don't have to grill, for example.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I probably would enjoy baking, except that I don't know how to. Don't make fun of me, but I'm actually afraid to use the oven. I'm not sure why I think I'm just afraid it will blow up!! In all honesty I've never used the oven in my house. I really wanted to learn how to bake cupcakes, because I think it would be so nice to learn how to make them and bring them over to parties and events. But first I probably need to overcome my fear of the oven.

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I bake but not desserts, which I actually love but have portion control issues. I make cornbread, meatloaf, chicken (marinated, of course), and potato dishes. One of these days, i would like to bake desserts and hope they turn out well.

7. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    Maybe you could make cakes in a microwave instead or with a cupcake maker. Not sure how similar they would taste though as it would probably be a different recipe for them to be baked without an oven.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I enjoy baking even if I don't know much on doing it. I would always have my grandmother to assist me in baking our favorite chocolate pineapple cake. This is our favorite thing to bake, although sometimes we also bake oatmeal cookies with cranberries, cinnamon and chocolate chips. When we are not baking chocolate pineapple cake, we bake strawberry cake. These are the only two flavors that we bake, because these are only the flavors we are good at baking. We tried others without pleasing success. So, we just stick to them.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I don't know how to bake, but since I love to eat sweets and pastries, then that's something that I would really like to learn. My mom used to bake, and even if she did not become a pro at it and was just a casual baker, the finished product was enough to make me want to learn it.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't baked anything yet. I have done simple dessert tasks like making Graham Cake, but it's not really baking. Well, though I'm terrible in the kitchen and not a fan of sweets, the art of baking somehow tickles my fancy. I love looking at pastries and cupcakes. They're such cute delights! :):)

11. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't enjoy baking but I really like eating baked products. We used to own a small bakery when I was young and I also like the smell (and taste) of fresh baked bread and pastries. But unfortunately, I wasn't able to develop the skill unlike my sisters who are really good at it.

12. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Baking, for me is a science. It takes appropriate measurements & ingredients to create a delicious Frankenstein monster. However, general cooking is like jazz. Sometimes you just feel the meal. you're in the mix of cooking & all of a sudden you think *BAM* this would be perfect. That does not always work out the same with baking. Certain ingredients affect the end result in a less than positive way.

Do I enjoy baking? Yes. Would I have a glass of sparkling wine while making important cake? Likely not.

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love baking, I love to watch TV shows that involves baking, the only problem is that I don't know how to bake. I've tried it a couple of times but it always ends up in a disaster. The only cake that I can bake is pancakes, lol! I have even tried doing the brownies baked in a microwave but the it turned out very fluffy and soft. I'm not giving up yet. It just takes a lot of patience and perseverance inorder to do it.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love baking, I love eating freshly baked stuff; but I can't bake to save my life! I love the smell of freshly baked bread and scones. It give the house such a wholesome, homely feel. I wish I could bake and if I could get a handle on it, I'd want to excel at making cakes, scones and banana bread. My favourite cakes are black forest and chocolate, so I'd want to be able to make the best of those :)

15. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I love baking too because it is very fulfilling to be able to bake a delicious cake and share with your family. The ingredients have to be exact and the procedures must be done correctly. The oven part is also very crucial because this determine if the cake will be edible or not. My favorite cake to bake is blueberry cheesecake. My family loves it when I make cheesecake and they all can’t get enough of it. I fell happy and fulfilled when I am able to bake a prefect cake and everyone in the house enjoys it.

16. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy baking and one day would love to have my own tea shop to sell all may baked goods. I'm better at cakes and pies, but would like to do more bread, but that does take longer and also people to eat it. I prefer my own baking as I know what's in it and also it's healthier and cheaper. I smell of cakes and bread in the oven is always comforting too.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Big ovens are not a norm here so not many people are accustomed to baking, including my own family, so we generally just learn and teach cooking on stove tops instead. I'm fine with it though since I'm not too into baking anyway and neither am I that big of a fan of sweet baked desserts as well. I prefer just cooking savory food instead .

18. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I love baking! I just never do it. I don't really have time to do it anymore. Though, I make everything I bake from scratch, so it takes a bit longer then just using a box mix like most people do! ;)

19. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I really do enjoy baking but I haven't been doing it lately. In the past I made a homemade birthday cake and other yummy goodies. I would say that my favorite thing to bake is a cake because it's lots of fun. I'm into baking other desserts too like pies. I'm sure I'll do some baking again one day.

20. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I love baking! but sadly I am only a master of only one recipe - brownies. I can whip one up in under 15 minutes.
    I like the way the whole house smells when you have something chocolaty and delicious rising in the oven, I usually make a big batch and there take it into the office to share. I have tried some other recipes but they haven't turned out so well. It doesn't stop me from trying, I won't be happy until I can bake my own bread.