Do You Enjoy Working At Home Instead of Commuting?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lena51 • Jul 16, 2012.

1. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have the same outlook on this. I think that the calm and relaxing environment can be very beneficial even if we do get out taxes taken.
    Commuting to work everyday opens us up to the possibility of getting sick or being late to work because of traffic and all the other misfortunes of not being in the comfort of your own home.
    I can definitely see where you are coming from in this!

2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I think i cannot stand work alone at home for a long time. So i would rather choose commuting. But if my workplace is just near my house, that would be perfect.

3. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I would love to work from home, I hate dealing people lol. I do kind of work at home though with adsense but that's it. I don't do it for a living, I wish I did lol

4. busybee

busybeeNew Member

Threads:
    i really enjoy working from home. I don't have to worry about the buses, getting work clothes or interacting with people face to face, which is a really big bonus for me. I also enjoy the flexibility that working from home can offer.

5. AnnaBee75

AnnaBee75New Member

Threads:
    I love working from home, although it requires to be disciplined. I do not miss socializing at the office, because I go out and I meet with friends after I am done working.

6. sjohnst77

sjohnst77New Member

Threads:
    It definitely takes getting used to. I worked at home for a few years and although it definitely has its positives it does get boring when you're not communicating with people throughout the day.And not to mention eating a lot more throughout the day since the kitchen is only a few steps away. If you have kids it definitely is a positive.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the privacy and not having to deal with the general public. I really don't like working retail and having to deal with co-workers. I am pretty anti-social so working from home has been amazing for me, but there are days when I just get cabin fever and need to get out of the house. I am hoping to get a "real job" (as my mom calls it) sometime this year because I miss the health benefits.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, working from home definitely requires a lot of discipline because you have to be your own manager and force yourself to work and stay on task. Unlike brick and mortar jobs that pay by the hour, when you work at home you only get paid for tasks that are completed. So you have to be really productive to make money.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the lack of commuting and lack of a dress code, but I hate the lack of financial stability. At a joe job, they have to give you a paycheck, as long as you work. When you work at home selling items online on eBay, Amazon or Craigslist, you have to depend on good sales days. If you have a bad week where nothing sells, you're screwed.

10. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely it is better to work from home. No commute, no paying huge amounts for sub par cafeteria food, no dealing with employee semantics and gossip.

11. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy working at home and while I occasionally get a little lonely and miss seeing people during the day, the benefits by far outweigh the negatives in my situation. I have a very set work at home schedule, my "9-5" is a work from home, so I don't have as much freedom as some other work at home people but I do get to wear whatever I want and I have a tiny bit of freedom throughout the day.