Do You Ever Actually Buy Pens?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by tulosai • Jan 10, 2015.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I certainly buy pens on my own though not as frequently as I used to. I am prone to losing my pens so the only time I'd ever buy one is when I don't see it anymore. With laptops, PCs, tabs and smartphones growing in abundance, it seems pen and paper are no longer as needed. I still bring a pen with me wherever I go, just in case I need to sign anything.

2. squeeiswin

squeeiswinNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased some pens just recently. I'm in college still, and work in a research lab where all of our writing in lab notebooks is required to be in pen (and mistakes have to have exactly one line through them with initials and dates by them, etc.), so I still have to buy pens every once in a while.

I think the funniest thing is that I actually have a preference not only for a brand of pen, but in the point size! My favorite is the Pilot G2 black ink pen with a 0.7mm tip. Of all of the brands and sizes I've tried with ink pens, this is by far the best-feeling one I've had.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I will buy pens periodically, I don't have to pay much for them because I get them at my local dollar store with more then one in a pack. Yes, we can say that pens are everywhere but in my house sometimes finding one that actually works can be a task and half Also, I sometimes wonder if there is a black hole that sucks up pens the way it sucks up socks. We can buy so many of these, but when we need one we can't find one, especially one that works.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, no, I don't. Most of my pens are promotional items, and since I usually only use my PC for writing, they last quite a good time. :)

5. ShoreThing

ShoreThingNew Member

Threads:
    I was just thinking about this today! I was taking some notes by hand, which I hardly ever do these days, and almost all of my pens ran out. I'm down to my last free giveaway pen and I don't think this one's going to last much longer, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to go out and buy some either. What places are good for giving out pens? I got my last batch from various student events at the start of the year, but now it's mid-semester :/

6. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Come to think of it, not really. I bet my wife does though. I keep finding random pens around the house and I never return them back to where I found them.

7. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I don't remember buying a new pen in the last.... hmmmm 10 years (or more). Indeed it's every where.. I work in a school so pen is everywhere and you if you don't have one.. you can always find someone to borrow a pen from. Also, I always attend some exhibitions.. and different kind of pens are generously given away as a souvenir!!

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always bought pens when I was in education, because I liked to be able to write things down with a good quality pen, however because I am no longer at university, I find that I don't need to use pens even half as much. We always get charity packs through the door for free, and this usually includes pens. For the amount of writing that I now do, this is more than enough for me, so it means that I never have to pay for them at all anymore. I am happy about that, though, because if there is anywhere that I can get things for free, I will definitely do it!

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that throughout my entire academic career, I only ever went to the trouble of purchasing pens once or twice. Even then, it was my mother who did the purchasing. Pens and other forms of stationary were strange, because they'd always find you somehow. If you did not have them, friends would loan you pens, and then you'd accidentally end up holding onto them at times.

10. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    We seem to have collected a vase full of pens (like a vase you put flowers in) but my mom will still buy pens for some odd reason.
    Then the pens that we buy end up disappearing somewhere

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do buy a lot of pens and other stationary. It's usually a whole big stash that lasts us ages so we don't have to keep buying more. But like some, I always seem to have a lot of "stray" pens that I know I haven't bought, I really don't know where they've come from. I have probably walked away with someone's pen and they have collected over time LOL

12. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy different types of pens, because I was nut about them especially if they come in purple ink. For the past two years or so, I haven't bought one since I am not more comfortable typing on the computer and phone now.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely buy pens. I hate the cheap ballpoint pens that skip. I buy the Sharpie pens that are actual writing pens or Uniball Signo pens. I like felt tip pens too, like Flair or Le Pen. There are free pens out there, but I think they kind of suck.
    I like a smooth ink flow and a fine point.