Do You Ever Ask For Clothes?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Denis Hard • Nov 14, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hate receiving clothes as gifts? While yes the person buying you the clothes may not buy something you like but if you wear it a few number of times, you might get to love it anyway. And what's the big deal anyway if the clothes are worn only at home?

I think asking those who intend to get you gifts to buy you clothes can be great because once you get the clothes, you won't have to buy clothes for a year. Talk of gifts that will save you money!

If someone asked you what gift they should buy you, would you tell them to buy you clothes?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally wouldn't, but if someone wanted to save money in this way, maybe asking for gift cards would be a better idea, so at least you can be sure to get use from the clothing that you chose yourself?

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I will ask for clothes for birthdays or Christmas. I often will just tell my brother what store I like or give him a few different sweaters I like and he buys one of them for me. Sometimes he'll just get me a gift card to certain stores that I like. This way, with Boxing Day sales I can get a bit more bang for my buck. I love getting clothes for presents, sometimes my best friend gets me tops I would never buy myself and unless they look really bad on me or are the wrong size I keep them and wear them.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is no way that I'd ask anyone for clothes as a gift. A gift voucher for a clothes store, yes, but never any actual garments. There's just too much danger that the giver will choose something awful or the wrong size. Then I'll feel bad that they wasted their money. I'd much rather choose my own clothes.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't like getting clothes as gifts so I never ask for it, though i still receive them nonetheless because I guess people are just too busy or Iazy. I would rather get more personal gifts like ones that actually fit my personality specifically, and if not I'd much rather just get gift cards instead. Not that I'm not appreciative of receiving clothes as gifts though since they are still gifts and I'm glad I get them, but that's just my preference.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I only ask for clothes if it’s a specific item that’s too much of a hassle to get over here. My style is a very personal thing and it’s difficult for others to get it right (though Pinterest can help…) I’m a gift card lover, so if I have a hankering for new clothes I prefer to receive a gift card and spend it on that.

7. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't ask for clothes, or shoes, and very few accessories. No one can seem to get my size or taste right. I take a Bohemian approach to clothing, and I'm generally the only one who has a clue as to what I like. :D That being said, if someone buys me ANYTHING, I am suitably grateful, and I simply say, "thank you so much!" :D

8. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I do not because they always get my size wrong or give me something that has a design that I do not like. There are times that I just request to be present with my family or friends when they are shopping for gifts so that I am able to pick what I want. The clothes given to me that I do not want are just worn at home or when they are already a few years old, I give to donations. I myself do not practice giving clothes as gifts since I know the situation and I am really bad at guessing what design and size a person fancies.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it was a specific item of clothing that I had seen and wanted, then I may just ask someone if they would be so kind as to purchase it for me for Christmas or a birthday. But in general, I don't really think that clothes would be the first thing that I'd ask for. I would much more prefer the money so that I can spend the money as I see fit.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case I already have a lot of clothes at home, whether for home use or outdoor use, so I certainly won't want someone to give me more clothes. I would just tell them to give me cash instead of buying me clothes.

11. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I find that the older I get, the more excited I am about getting clothes...is that bad? I love getting clothing or accessories now (I especially love scarves), or I even just like it when people get me gift cards to clothing stores :)