Do you ever buy anything "As seen on TV, not sold in stores"'

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Timetrvlr • Oct 4, 2014.

?

Do you ever buy "As seen on TV" items?

1. Absolutely not!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Maybe, I'm tempted sometimes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes, definitely!

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Occasionally

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    No, I don't because most of the ads we see on TV (in Canada) are on American stations and not available directly to Canadians. However, those items are usually sold in Canadian stores, especially Walmart.

I still don't buy them because I know that next year, those slightly used items will start showing up at yard sales where I can buy them for a buck.;)

2. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    Yes, I'm guilty of this mostly because of all the infomercials that I watch. I lot of the products that I brought actually work really well like Wen hair care product and cleaning products ect. Sometimes people can get carried away with these products and spend lots of money.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I really don't buy those "As Seen On TV products" but I remember my parents did buy a few of them before like a mop made of foam, a Coleman flashlight and some other products, and they were good products and were durable. As for me I see some infomercials, but I'm not really interested in what they are selling, so maybe if I like what they sell then I would buy it.

4. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I don't usually order As Seen on Tv products from the infomercial, I usually ignored those. If I see them months and months later, and I still am interested, I might take a look. I've bought a few items on clearance and they usually weren't worth what people had paid for them at regular price.

Hot Buns, Hot Huez (a chalk for hair), and some kind of hair dryer that spins your hair into curls were the latest purchases that I can remember. None of them were worth the price.

My mother got Wen from a friend and she really loves that product, so she'll be purchasing it sometime soon. Other than that, I try to avoid As Seen on Tv products due to my experiences with them.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I won't buy them from the actual commercial as I don't want to pay the shipping and handling and I also prefer having a place to return it if necessary. However, yes, I've bought a few of them and I'm usually satisfied with each purchase. I love infomercials.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have many family members who will sit in front of the televisions and order a boatload of these products lol. But in my personal household nobody really purchases these kids of product, and when we have in the past the products have not performed as they were supposed to or advertised to.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, I definitely don't.

And while these may have been pretty "exclusive" years ago and you really couldn't get them in stores.... now you just have to wait a little while. They will make it to store shelves and be the exact same products and prices (minus shipping) if you just wait a bit for them to come to the store.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the product, how it was marketed in television and how badly we need in our day-to-day living. There were things we bought because we thought what was seen on TV could be beneficial to us off-screen. Some purchases proved to be successful and satisfying. Some, not so much.

9. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a lot of as seen on TV products, but I don't buy them from the tv. I buy them from the store. They always say that the products aren't available in stores, but they end up in the stores anyway. It's usually the same price minus the shipping/tax charges so I won't bother getting them off the TV.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two blenders that were featured in infomercials. I didn't buy either of them from the infomercial. I bought them at Walmart.
    I would never buy directly from the commercials because the shipping charges are a killer and sometimes they bill your credit card for extras that you didn't really want.
    At this point, everything ends up in stores anyway, so there's no need to order from infomercials.

11. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    you know what i actually have bought several as seen on tv products and may i say that most actually do work quite well. Some of the things i bought were a Stylus pen which doubles up as a flashlight and a pen. Another one was a Snake tool that unclogs sinks that are clogged with debris or hair. I found that the Snake tool was the most useful and saved me money in the long run. It saved me from calling the Plumber when our sing became clogged.

12. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy anything off of commercials. It may be old fashioned but I can't help it. I need to see something in person before I buy. The only time I order things online is if I've seen or tested them first. I'll even make the effort to go see one in a store and order it online if there's a really good deal. I just have a (possibly irrational) fear of buying something misrepresented on TV or online.

13. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I have for a few products such as: Aluma Wallet, Aero Knife, and the Ninja Blender. They all work similar to what was shown on TV [truly, there is no same thing(s), quite any oxymoron and contradictory in my opinion] and I had no major function problems with any of them. The Aluma Wallet goes well for me the most, because my old leather wallets used to get dirty and wet fast from my personal activities, but the Aluma Wallet is easy to maintain and organize things. Only bad thing is that I can't fit as much stuff or paper currency in my Aluma than my old leather wallet.