Do You Ever Buy Clothes You'll Hardly Ever Wear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Apr 22, 2016.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do this with clothes that I get with coupons o that are under $1. I have only worn them once or twice, but they were so cheap that I couldn't pass up on the deal. I am trying to break this habit, but it's hard when I see a good deal. I usually just pass them on to my friends and family.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Despite being a charity shopper, I still end up buying things that only get worn once or twice. Thankfully, these are inexpensive mistakes and can usually be redonated or even Ebayed.

I once read that we wear around 20% of our wardrobe 80% of the time!

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely do this a lot, it's in the way hate to. I usually just notice that I will not wear it when I get home and try the outfit a couple more times and see it does not work for me! That happened a while ago with this lovely skirt I bought thinking I would wear a lot. Turns out it looked kind of weird for me and didn't match pretty much any of my blouses, so it just stays in my wardrobe. It's very sad!

4. cyclistbabe

cyclistbabeNew Member

Threads:
    All the time!! My mom does too; we always find ourselves returning to a store a few days later to return a bunch of stuff we realized we won't wear. My rule of thumb is if I don't reach for an item within the first week of owning it, I return it. I use to take new clothes and rip the tags off of and shove them in my closet where they would never see the light of day again, but realized my mistake eventually and now I am super careful about wasting clothes and money! It's my biggest vice though.... I call it the honeymoon phase. I'll see something in the store, and think "how cute is this!!" and then realize slowly it doesn't flatter my body type, or I have no real place to wear it, or nothing to wear it with. Thankfully I'm getting better though!

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm more likely to pick up lots of stuff that I think is cute but end up putting most of it back before I reach the clerk. I've also learned to try on everything. Some sizes run odd or something just doesn't feel right once you have it on. Some clothes look much different hanging up then they do once you're wearing them.

I have gone a bit overboard in the past, but I really try not to do that any more. I *try* not to over-buy in area, not just when it comes to clothing.

As for special occasion clothes, I try to buy classic pieces, so that they can easily be used again sometime.