Do You Ever Buy Used Car Parts ?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by mbuzma • Jan 5, 2018.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    As the title says, do you buy used Car Parts ?
    Buying used parts such as batteries and tires is not worth it in my experience. They just tend to break or go bad fairly quickly so I have to buy them again, but maybe I'm just having bad luck. Either way, I've stopped buying used and now I just save up for new parts which I know will last for at least some time, but I guess buying new would not be worth it for an old vehicle.

2. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I have bought a used started for my mustang before. A new starter was $100 and the local junkyard sold me a starter for $20 and it lasted 3+ years. I owned the car and the starter was still working after I sold the car. And I have also bought auto glass from the junkyard as well. However like you said some things are not worth buying.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our cars are maintained in the dealer's workshop so there is no way that we can buy used car parts for replacement. I know that it is more expensive to have our car maintained that way but that is one good safeguard against breakdown. Buying a used car parts can cause unexpected breakdown because the quality may be compromised. I wouldn't want that to happen to me, too much stress.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There is a large market for used car parts in any country. They come cheap since most come from vehicles that have been underwritten by insurance companies. It helps to look for a mechanic to assist you to purchase worthy spare parts to avoid unnecessary losses.