Do You Ever Get an Insurance Policy Review?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by nwitt • Apr 3, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I have been with Progressive for a bit over 5 years now, so I now have benefits like "accident forgiveness" (we will see if it actually happens!! lol) - so I have sort of avoided starting a new policy or reviewing my policy with them, to ensure that I keep this benefit.

I have looked at a couple of other companies about a year ago and they were right at the same price or more for the same level of coverage...

How often do you review?

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I review quite often, at least every two years because policies values can change really fast and one day you're saving money and the next are not. Nothing like asking for a few estimates and make a negotiation with your company threatening to leave, for sure the price will be cut.

3. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the reply! I guess once I figure out and send out the rest of my local taxes (this weekend) I will focus this month on reviewing my car insurance to make sure that I'm paying as little as possible. You're right, things change and I don't want to be overpaying for the same thing!!

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No problem, a piece of advice, ask for estimates in another companies, that will give you a margin to haggle. You can say to them, if you can't match this price from company X, I'm leaving. I love to see their reaction when you say that. ;)