Do you ever go for a manicure/pedicure?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Apr 3, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every time I have to go to a mall I feel disturbed seeing mainly Asian workers kneeling in front of Westerners (no racial implication here, just my observation), filing and scrubbing away at their feet and hands in a cloud of acetone and other nasty smells.
    I feel disturbed for both parties. For the workers who are exposed to toxic fumes and all kinds of chemical hazards, and their clients for getting serious fungal infections from nail tools that haven't been properly disinfected after every customer.
    You couldn't pay me to visit one of those saloons.

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on the second point, the tools used for this service are sometimes not properly sanitized and bad for one's health, I would never get my nails done either. I'd rather do it myself at home and take my sweet time (plus it'll be free). I think that the price is also pretty high. My friend got her nails done and paid over $60 at one store, it was ridiculous! Those who do their nails all the time, I don't know why they'd waste money on that, unless of course they're just cleaning up their cuticles.

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a neighbourhood that is heavily populated with Asians. There are many nail places that I walk by frequently. I would just say that Asians are using these services too - it isn't just Caucasians that go there. If it weren't for having to breathe the chemical soup, I would totally go in there and get my feet done to spoil myself on those rare occasions. I am a guy who doesn't need nail polish or anything, but my feet do tend to take a bit of a beating and wouldn't mind a little attention now and then.