Do You Feed Your Pet Treats?

Discussion in Pets started by Sue • Jul 24, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just finished feeding treats to two of my three kitties, and also the two stray cats I feed. They were all very happy to get the treats. I used to purchase the cheapest ones, but these days, since my kitties (and the strays, as well) are getting older, I now buy the softer ones, which are sometimes a bit more. I think it's worth it, and the last time I bought them, the package came with a .75c off coupon for the next purchase, which will be the next time I go grocery shopping. I need to make sure I have enough to sustain the kitties over the holidays ;).

2. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I personally let them eat from my organic produce and food. I only buy whole, nutritious value of food, and it sure pays off in the long run. I mean, any living creature can eat what I eat and live a longer, stronger, and happier life as a whole. Don't put polluted, processed, chemical junk food in your pets' diets if you don't want them acting up in any way, or being unhealthy or disbalanced.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I try to tell myself not to and that it is good for them and they need discipline and all of that, but then again I am the easiest person to get with a little whimper or a cute face and I give in pretty easily. Oh well.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    We feed our dog with it's regular food hardly do we consider giving the dog any other treat. Some days the food is sumptuous that it qualifies to serve as a special treat. Our dog looks all well fed and taking care of. I would chose regularly well fed dog even without any other treat.

5. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dog and when ever I am having a treat, I also give my dog treat. I don't treat the dog as an "animal" for me he is more like a human being that cannot talk. My dog is a part of my family and he is entitled to receive all kinds of benefits.

6. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes treats can work out a little expensive, so if I am strapped for cash then my pooches get a carrot or an apple. They get a bonio at bedtime and a chewy rawhide in the afternoon. They do get a lot of treats throughout the day so I try to give them a healthy alternative like crunchy veggies.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    The dogs we used to have didn't like typical doggy treats from the stores at all. They loved the skin off the chicken we ate and they loved to eat pepperoni (for dogs). It sure saved us a lot of money and I think most dogs prefer a nice small steak bite as a treat or anything meaty than those cookie-like treats. At least that was the case with all dogs around here. They never got sick and they lived to be old and died peacefully. I think dogs live longer if you train their immune system to be more tolerable to things. They're animals, after all no matter how much you love them. Some people love lions but they want what they want and need what they need. People should understand that. Of course, you should keep them healthy but they deserve the happiness of a delicious meaty treat. They would usually eat what we eat anyway. Especially tortillas and beans. Dog food is too expensive. Dogs can eat a large variety of beans and beans are cheap.

#27Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017