Do You Feel Comfortable Wearing Skinny Jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • May 18, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Because I just bought my first one online, and even if it fits me, I find it too tight and uncomfortable. My legs feel like it's in a straightjacket. And since a lot of girls wear them, I want to know if you find them comfortable? Or you don't wear them at all? Good thing capri's are still in style, they're quite comfortable.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The skinny jeans I have do contain lycra and elastane so they keep their shape and also fit well. I do feel comfortable in them as I usually buy a size larger so they are not too tight and I do have some that fit perfectly that I can only wear when I feel skinny.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I was really a huge fan of skinny jeans back in high school. I would always be wearing a graphic tee and skinny jeans. But I became more feminine/lady-ish as time goes by, I am often in a dress now.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do feel comfortable in them. I only have one pair though, I don't go out of my way to buy them. I love capris, they're my fave pants to wear and so cute :)

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The one that I bought was made of stretchy denim, but I guess I should have bought 1 size bigger. Still, I don't like how it clings to my legs like glue!, lol. I think I will prefer to wear straight cut pants over skinny jeans. :D

6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer slim cut jeans without the stretch in them. Stretch denim feels like it's alive to me and crawling all over. I can wear other stretch fabrics, however, with no problems. I love yoga pants and my riding breeches. I guess stretch denim is just a bit heavier and that's why it feels like living rubber. So no, I don't guess you'd say I find skinny jeans to be comfortable.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wear skinny jeans but I buy ones which have a small elastane content. Jeans without this do indeed feel too restrictive, especially when they are brand new. If they aren't comfortable though and you won't wear them, send them back and look for something with a slight stretch to it instead.

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I also agree that you have to pick out skinny jeans that have give in them or else you will feel like the jeans are attached to you. I have a love and hate relationship with skinny jeans and have found that Calvin Klein brand jeans are the most comfortable for me to wear. I do not like the permanent wedgie feeling some skinny jeans give me.

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve only got one pair of uncomfortable skinny jeans, and it’s because there’s very little stretch. I only wear that particular pair if I’m down to absolutely nothing else. The other pairs I own are all comfortable, and I enjoy wearing them when I’m in the mood for jeans. I was actually quite surprised to enjoy them so much; I figured I’d feel too constricted, but I don’t. Come to think of it, that uncomfortable pair was the first pair I bought, so I’d say the trick is to shop around and find what works best for you.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like jeans in general. I've stopped wearing them years ago. I also don't like tight fitting clothes anymore. When I was younger I used to wear tight jeans and tops, but these days I prefer comfortable clothes in which I can relax. Actually, my favorite type of clothes are those that I can't feel at all.
    I think tight jeans only look good on people who are slender and tall.

11. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I do. For the last few years, I have been wearing skinny jeans all the time because they are the only ones available at the mall. The straight cut jeans are no longer available. If there are other kinds of jeans on sale, they are usually two sizes bigger.

12. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I think it depends on what type of skinny jeans you buy. There are skinny jeans that would feel like, as you said, a straight jacket but there are a lot of skinny jeans that are a bit stretchy. There isn't too much stretch that would make it loose and not be skinny on your legs. Just enough for you to move around comfortably in them. I know a lot of people who prefer skinny jeans that practically suffocate them because they make their legs look really thin. I personally don't think you should kill your legs for them to look good. Just wear anything you'd be comfortable with!

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    UGH, I feel the same! The day stretch denim became a thing, is a day I curse to no end lol. It's so hard to find actual jeans anymore. I don't want stretch.. I'd wear yoga pants if I wanted stretch.. denim shouldn't stretch! lol Rant over.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see men wearing skinny jeans, and it looks awful, it looks so not masculine at all. But I assume the men's section still sells straight cut jeans, right? Only the women's section is affected by the lack of straight cut jeans available.

15. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    As a man, I definitely would never wear them. That being said, I don't mind seeing females wear them at all. If you're not comfortable in them though, by all means, don't wear them. It's not that important. I don't understand some of the things women choose to wear for the sake of looking good, like extremely steep heels that must kill their feet. Don't get it.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I don't think I will wear that one often unless it gets loose with time the more I wear it. Maybe I bought the wrong type of fabric? Because I just read that some skinny jeans are more comfortable than others.This is my 1st pair, so I have no idea that the fabric used in making them varies. They just look all plain denim to me.

17. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The men’s department could be a good place to search for jeans, if only for the fact that the measurements aren’t quite as arbitrary as they are for women’s clothing (though I have still heard of some discrepancies). I’ve never done it myself, but I’ve heard and read about women doing this and being pleased with the results. It may depend on your aesthetic, though.

18. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I wear skinny jeans but ones that are made of a slightly softer material I get water retention in my calves so I do not like anything too tight on them but the softer ones are much more comfortable.

19. karebear07

karebear07New Member

Threads:
    I love skinny jeans! The ones I buy like many commenters mentioned have some elastic/spandex content in the material. They are very comfortable and I feel like they make me look a lot skinner! Check the tag of pants and see if they have at least 5% spandex, I think 5-10% spandex is a great amount that will make them comfortable and not have the cheap look to them!

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually used to love wearing skinny jeans. However, there's nothing better than seeing pictures of yourself to notice how good or bad you look at something. I am pretty tall, however I have large legs and I'm overweight. So skinny jeans are not the most flattering for me. So now I mainly go for bootcut and flare type of pants and jeans!