Do You Feel Comfortable Wearing Skinny Jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • May 18, 2015.

1. Heather_Rose

Heather_RoseNew Member

Threads:
    I love the look of wearing skinny jeans! Being short and curvy, but with great legs, I find straight leg or bootcut jeans make me look boxy and are very unflattering. I do however look specifically for skinny jeans with a decent percentage of spandex. Jeggings are also an option, but I'm not quite so keen on them, as they ride down throughout the day.

2. superbobby

superbobbyNew Member

Threads:
    I used to love skinny jeans. I used to wear them a lot when I was a teenager and when I was skinny enough to be able to wear one. Now I have grown out of it and makes me cringe whenever I see someone wearing it for some reason. I even cringe at myself whenever I see old photos of myself wearing one.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I love skinny jeans. It's mostly all I wear now. The look is just so much more flattering on my frame I think. But I have huge calves, so a lot of skinny jeans don't even go up past my calves. :( If I can find a good, stretchy pair of skinny jeans though, it's like I've hit the jackpot!

4. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    I do wear them.
    I use to wear normal jeans(with no lycra) but after buying skinny jeans found normal jeans too uncomfortable and restricting. I like that they are not as thin as jeggings or leggings.

I don't wear them around the home though, only to go out in.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not like tight clothes on my body. I find it to be to confining. I feel too self conscious in tight pants. I generally wear bootcut which I find more flattering to the style I like.

6. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    I own one pair of skinny jeans and I love them! They are surprisingly comfortable and not too tight. I have bought skinny jeans before that were so tight I could barely bend my leg. That amount of uncomfortable is not worth looking good to me ! I only wear my skinny jeans with boots or sandals. I do not like how big they make my feet look if I wear regular tennis shoes.

7. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I do not feel comfortable in them. I get the same feelings you do. They irritate my skin and are too hot. I really value comfort, and I do not care what is in style. I wear what I feel comfortable and beautiful in.
    I actually feel real tight clothes are unhealthy because they block pores and cut off circulation.

8. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Me neither, I hate them. I cannot wear tight closes and I don't understand how people can wear them. I prefer to be comfortable, loose or else it feels I am sweaty all the time. Definitely not for me.

9. cia

ciaNew Member

Threads:
    I really like skinny jeans. But I always go for those who are stretchy because I move around a lot. This spring/summer season wide leg pants are in-style anyways so you could just go for those!
    For comfortable and affordable pants you should go shop at Monki or Bershka!
    (For inspiration etc search these accounts on Instagram: @ensorcelant & fvshionistable)

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of "jeggings" before until I came back to this thread. I looked it up, and I certainly didn't like it's style. I guess I'm just averse to anything that looks tight.