Do you feel safe buying second hand items online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by SpYkz • Sep 4, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of movies, books and CD's secondhand online. Pretty much all of my video games were bought used. I've been buying online for years and only had a couple of bad experiences so I would buy secondhand items online again.
    I just read the descriptions carefully.

2. AarenSmith

AarenSmithNew Member

Threads:
    I never bought any second hand thing online but i don't think that there will be any kind of risk because my best friend emmie often buy lots of video games and other electronic second hand materials online.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've bought a lot of out of print, second hand books frome Abebooks and Amazon, and they've always exceeded my expectations. For example, I've bought a book described as 'good condition,' and it's turned out to be as new, while one described as 'fair' was in better condition than some of the books I've bought in high street book shop sales.

My husband has also bought boat engines on Ebay, and he's been delighted with them. If you can see a picture, and the seller has a good reputation, I can't see a problem.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased many second hand items on eBay and I have been satisfied with the item most of the time. Some of the second hand items have not been used, they are effectively new. I've had a few unsatisfying purchases but I have been happy with the vast majority of them.

5. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of my video games, especially the old, now hard to find ones, are second hand. All you really have to do is read the item descriptions carefully, and if from eBay, also consider the ratings the seller has. Usually, for me, if there are more than 5 the past month alone, then I opt not to buy from them anymore. There's also the fact that the majority of their ratings should be positive.

6. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of things on eBay, but normally they are for a great price. I am never really too concerned about how the second hand items are because I buy them at such a great price. Most of the things I buy on eBay are usually new. I have never had a problem buying used though. You definitely do take a risk when you buy something new online as you cannot see for yourself what shape it is in until you actually have purchased it and it is in your hands. I do buy a lot of second hand items, but they are always in person at thrift stores and such.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't feel safe buying 2nd hand items in general whether online or offline, especially if it's an electronic item. I only buy brand new items, because it has a warranty, so I get assured that when it malfunctions, the item can be replaced.

8. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    The most important factor when buying used is purchasing from a reputable seller. Then, read the return policy and warranty information. See if they have a contact number and see if there are reviews. If all of this checks out, you should be pretty safe in purchasing used items.

9. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    Nice collections website , I really like it .Thanks for sharing it

10. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I almost never feel safe buying second hand items when their directly in front of my face at a store. No way in hell I'd buy them that way online. So needless to say, no I don't feel safe about it lol.

11. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    Before purchasing such second-hand products we should first carefully read the product description and all the details of return policy. We should ask the customer care about these type of products. When it reach to us we should check it properly. Ebay sells the second hand products and it provides all types of details.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had good an bad experiences with buying second-hand clothing online. Sometimes the condition of the garments isn't what you expected. Of course, you have the assurance buyer protection if the item is not as described.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I actually try to stay away from everything second hand except if it comes to books.
    I always need new textbooks or novels for my college classes so this is something I always justify buying. I feel that buying things such as makeup
    or brand name jewelery is something you should be very careful about since there are many fake things out there. This is probably the main reason
    I like buying things new and not used.

14. copper

copperMember

Threads:
    Not at all. No warranty on electronic product no security.

15. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like buying second hand items. The only second hand items I've bought are books. When it comes to electronic gadgets, I always prefer to buy it brand new.

16. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind as long as they aren't dolls, or statues. Could be cursed or something. Then you're in real trouble.

17. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Oh no! I do not buy second hand items online. I really don't know what I am buying, and I need to know every detail of the item. And I just think about germs and dirt and how it was used previously. It's weird thing to think about but some people do crazy things.

18. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    I think it really depends on the item. There are certain things that you should try to pick up used if you can. You can save a lot of money by occasionally checking your local craigslist and searching Ebay. But most of the time I want to physically hold the item in my hand before I buy it. I guess its more of a personally preference.

19. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought second hand stuff online and I haven't had any bad experiences so far. I guess you just have to read the descriptions of the items you want to buy really carefully, But I think that most of the time it is pretty safe.

20. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    when i usually buy second hand things online its hard to buy because its depend on things,