Do you feel safe in a car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Peninha • Oct 20, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel that until we have an accident we don't consider safety much, but on the other hand cars have security standards right? When you buy a car do you consider security issues or you just go for the best price?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There have been numerous reports of vehicular accidents so even though I tend to be careless and absent-minded, whenever the family rides in the car, I always remind my dad to drive properly. I also reprimand him whenever he starts to rev up the engine and drive beyond the required limits. He usually does this to catch up on a schedule and not be late. I used to feel safe in the past. Now, every time we travel to the province, it scares me witless. There are so many huge trucks behind or in front of you. It's also necessary to drive fast, otherwise it'd take you the whole day to reach your destination. If someone invents a car that automatically flies off whenever passengers are on the verge of danger, I'd definitely buy that.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Truly, safety is not a place, wall, structure, or designated area believed to be protective. Safety, is a man or woman's ability to foresee or reflect in hindsight, their ability to prevent or diminish the plausibility that he or she will be harm, injure, or wrong.

So in regards to your question OP, do I feel safe in a car: yes and no. If I am sitting in a car in the middle of nowhere, despite being away from any other vehicles being moved by a human, I can still be in danger i.e. my car can breakdown, and I would have to walk my way out to the nearest place where I can ask for human help. I am definitely not safe when the car I am sitting in is moving, because I a man, am responsible and liable for all my actions and inactions.

So ultimately, being in a car can be safe, but is also unsafe a the same time and place one is sitting a car.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of car accidents before in the news and some of it can be avoided if only the driver wore a seat belt or if his car has an airbag, and so on. Nowadays, even you're really trying your best to drive safely, you will always encounter careless drivers on the road. So security features (even just the basics) should always be present in your vehicle.

If I have the money I wouldn't mind buying a Volvo too. I think their known to be the safest car right? I think most of their commercials say that. :D

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Neither. I buy a vehicle that will be useful to me. For those who live in town, a car would be the best choice. For someone like me who buys lots of stuff: animal feed, fertilizers, etc, I don't have much of a choice. Should I need a replacement for what I already have, then I must buy another . . . heavy duty pick up truck.

I've heard though that some cars are safer than others. Maybe if I had to buy a car I'd choose those ones.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I do feel safe in cars, and although I've never bought one, I'm fortunate enough that the people around me are able to buy cars from good brands so I know I am safe whenever I ride with them. I know I will consider the safety features strongly when it comes time for me to buy my own car. Also, just the usual safety measures like wearing a seatbelt helps a lot, I think, so I mostly just stick to that rule as well.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am always remembering the accident now and I imagine that if I was driving a smaller car that the outcome might have been other because the heavier structure of the Opel Astra might have saved our lives. It's something we never forget an accident.

8. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    Well I love my car. But I don't really feel safe when it comes to accidents. I feel like my Ford Focus would be shredded if I ever go in a serious crash. Most cars are not made with steel outer covering anymore. It saves money but I would not car it safer.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for security in that sense my car was perfect, I mean, it was total loss for the car, but we came out unharmed, so that is the most important. Despite everything I feel blessed and fortunate because I am here to tell you about it.