Do You Find Certain Days Better For Coupons?

Discussion in Coupons started by cocolgooh • May 14, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I tend to find there's more coupons out on a Thursday whenever I'm looking than on any other day although I have no idea why that is really. Thursday seems a bit of a random day to have more available. I'd expect more to be available over the weekend if I'm honest, but Thursday suits me just fine. I tend to look for coupons throughout the week and weekend anyway though because if there's something I want from a shop I'm going to or going past I'll make use of it anyway.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't really paid attention to this, especially over the past few years, since I no longer receive the newspaper, but perhaps new coupons are released on Thursdays in anticipation of higher shopping and sales volumes over the upcoming weekends?

I don't have a particular set of days I shop on, rather I shop when I need particular items and have the money to buy them, although when I was working and had more money, i would do a lot more shopping on the weekends, since those were typically the days I had off work. I guess companies gear their sales and coupons toward that population, since they probably comprise the majority of their customers.

3. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    You make some good points there, @Diane Lane@Diane Lane. That my well be why they release coupons more on a Thursday, in anticipation of more people going to the stores at the weekend. Even when I've had full time jobs though I've preferred to go to the store during the week to free up my weekends so I never even thought of that. Do newspapers tend to release more coupons on certain days too? Here coupons in newspapers only seem to be released around once or twice a month so it's not really a day thing. It's more whenever a date falls.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to check every day of the week. If I only spend 5 minutes a day looking I can save up to $20 a week with online coupons and I get the coupons from my Sunday paper as well. I love to coupon and I even print them out at my local library to save on ink.

5. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Is it free to print out those coupons at the local library, @steph84@steph84? Here they charge you as much as £0.20 to print one piece of paper so I'd rather print them at home in order to save more money that I can use on the coupons - I'll only print the coupons I really want for this reason. I find that sometimes though I don't feel like the coupon saving is enough to warrant printing out one page from my printer so I'll go without the coupon too. I prefer to cut them from magazines etc on the whole.

6. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    The best day for me is Sunday or Monday to get coupons. I know some sites like DontPayFull.com will put out new ones the first of each month. I like to check every week to see what they have available and not just wait until I need it. If it's a hot coupon, like a $4 off of Cerave (which is very expensive), it is best to grab it ASAP because those type of coupons will go fast. Sometimes the coupons will reset, but I never know when or if a high valued coupon will be available again.

Have you thought about trying a shop that is injected into your cartridge? I just started using this service. I was amazed at the low cost. For color ink, I only pay $10 and black is $8. So far, the ink lasts a long time as if I got it from Office Depo.

#6May 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016