Do You Find That Your Ceiling Fan Lowers Your A/C Bill?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mountainside • Aug 11, 2012.

1. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I think it does the reason that is is because I turn it on at night and turn the AC off this makes the house more quiet and the fan circulates air creating a little breeze keeping me cool.

2. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    That should save you the difference between running rhe A/C and running the fan, which could add up to more than a few dollars.

3. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    in my house the ac only goes on when it's seriously hot. otherwise, ceiling fans it is. guess that means it saves us money?

4. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    We live in Mississippi and it's just entirely too hot to completely turn off the A/C. I've tried just running the fans until like 2pm when I just can't take it anymore. We sat one night and figured up the costs of leaving it off all day and turning it on later to just leaving it set at a certain degree and it costs more to leave it off all day because of how it has to run just about constantly to finally even out the temp in the house. I finally gave up on trying to save on my electric bill. The harder I try the more my bill ends up being.

5. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    It's a big help for us. When we first move in to our house, we only have a/c in the bedrooms, and our bill run up to almost $100-150 a month. After a while, me and my wife decided to have ceiling fans installed. After that we only let the a/c on for about 4-5 hours a day, just when it's especially hot like noon or afternoons. It helped us lower our bill to almost half.

6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it may be due to the amount of insulation one has in the home. If the home is able to hold the coolness longer, the A/C will not have to run so long to even out the temperature. I live in a very large home, older and without any insulation. One winter I tried keeping the heat down and then raising it for month. My bill was terribly high, due to the amount of heat it took, to get back to normal, and then to heat up the house. I stopped doing that.
    Polenzs, you are doing well with your saving, good for you.