Do you follow trends?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by angelicagapit • Mar 4, 2014.

1. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I do follow trends sometimes. However, if I see what's 'in', I try to spice up my outfit by trying to make it look more me. Whether I have to wear a pair of combat boots, wear a leather jacket over it, I just try to make myself wear something that looks like 'me.'

Do you guys follow trends or do you just wear what you feel like wearing?

2. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I do follow trends but not to the extent, I only buy on trend stuff that are also classical and timeless in a way. I can still use it even if the craze is already phased out and I can save money as well.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If that certain trend suits me and I like it's design, then I follow it. But if the design doesn't appeal to my sense of taste, then I will certainly not follow it, like the skinny jeans trend for example. I never liked the idea of wearing very constricting clothing.

4. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I don't bother with trends. If I like something then I will buy it and that's about it.

If I see something that other people are wearing, it's the same, if I like it then I'll buy it. I don't specifically look for trends to follow though.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do, somewhat, but I try not to let it dictate my wardrobe too much that it completely obliterates my own personality within it. I mostly just follow the trends as a secondary priority just so I don't end up wearing anything that would be deemed too silly looking or odd when worn in public. Also, as fashion continually evolves, it is more and more becoming polished, so it really isn't that hard to keep up with something so pronounced, to be honest. Not to mention that stores pretty much only carry styles that are currently fashionable, so I think it's only practical to immerse yourself in it and just mix the available options to create your own style.

6. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I do notice trends (often times, how can you not?), but I don't really follow them. I wear whatever I like and whatever looks good on my body. If it happens to be something that's really "in" right now, then so be it. But I don't go out of my way to follow trends.

7. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    No I like to set trends. I see something I like I buy it. I think because we are surrounding by branding I cant help but know whats hot and whats not anyway but I am not bothered about whats on the catwalk.

8. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never followed a trend that I can recall, I always wear the most casual clothing, jeans, sneakers and polar clothes or T-shirts in the summer, not very fashionable. I really don't care, my job doesn't require formal clothing and this is the most comfortable I feel, so no need to think about fashion.

9. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I don't directly follow trends in a way that it looks like I'm following someone else. However I do try to keep up with what is hot and what is not. I like to wear clothing that is in style, rather than clothing that is not.

10. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    Not really, I do not like to have on what everyone is wearing, that's like wearing an uniform in my eyes, i get annoyed when everyone is doing the same thing and when I do it, it just isn't fun anymore after that because you aren't different. I wear what I think is cool and what I would look and feel good in. I don't follow trends, I set them :cool:

11. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I think that everyone follows trends, even if they don't know it. It's difficult to not to follow trends when everything that's for sale at clothing stores is following the trends. I try to follow trends to a certain extent, but I would never follow a trend if I didn't like it. Some trends I really love, and other trends I hate. I think it would be silly to wear something just because it was "trendy".

12. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in my teenage years and early 20s, I was very much in the mood to follow trends. I didn't care if my feet hurts, for example, as long as I'm working a trendy pair of shoes. However, as I matured, I realized it's not really that important to be trendy. In other words, I gave more value towards comfort than fashion. I realized that at least for the past 5 years, I only shop for basic stuff, the ones which are easy to pair up with other things and the ones which are really comfortable to wear.

13. Mercvry

MercvryBanned

Threads:
    Nope. Unless I like them personally.

14. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Not at all. I am proud to say that i think for myself. I follow my own mind. Peer pressure, or trends never get to me. I like what i like. regardless of if it is in style or not. I was taught those values as a child, and they have stuck with me into adulthood.

15. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I can't be bothered with all that. It's just about marketing strategies, consumer brainwashing. I am an individualist and I do just what I feel like doing. I wear what feels good and I buy what I need. You can't sell me a something that I don't need right now. I am very firm on this and have always been.
    I look at these fad addicts and think to myself: one day they will wake up to themselves and realise that they have been fooled.

16. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of following trends when it comes to wearing clothes. Sometimes I prefer not to do so. I normally love to look unique not like someone else. I hate that kind of dressing when many people are wearing the same trend.

17. mrjohny

mrjohnyNew Member

Threads:
    Not really, but I adapt slowly to some modern trends I like, but always staying classic.
    I never liked skinny jeans like many men started to wear.

18. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    No way, I love being dressed in my own style. I feel that by following a trend I'm just gonna end up looking like the rest. Plus, trendy clothes ain't gonna be cheap, at least in my experience. So, I'm making my own style that changes from time to time, at my own pace. Making your own style is just like a trend, catchy and people tend to notice the way you dress as long as it's in good taste. To be honest, I think that trends are for fashion fiends or teenage people.

19. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    I actually feel like following trends but I always stay behind. This may be due to the least interest I'm showing towards it and also I being a bit economic don't go in search of brand new clothes often. But I'm pretty confident about my attire and I don't appear to be be too outdated in my dressing. I take minimum measures to maintain my kind of attitude :)