Do You Frequent Second Hand Stores?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by remnant • Aug 9, 2016.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I used to check out used clothing at thrift stores in my area but many of the clothes are even more expensive than new ones on sale. The ones that are cheaper are those I don't really want to wear. Besides that, my closets are currently full and have no room for more house clothes. When our utility vehicle's transmission counter gear broke recently, I had to browse online and offline suppliers to look for the best priced disassembled transmission parts that match our vehicle. I've checked out well known places for engine and auto parts and ended up buying in a surplus auto parts yard near our place. I think, it's a good idea to check these stores out so you'll have an idea where to look when the need arises.

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant All the second hand stores around my locality are charity shops. I am always popping in when I walk past one. There are so many deals to be had that I don't want to miss out on something. I have bought crystal glasses, crystal vase and crystal ashtrays, so there is a lot of good crystal to find. As well as furniture and clothes there are games, books and crockery. I once purchased a real leather couch in perfect condition for £50. Everything is in really good condition and well worth the visit when you think that the money you've spent is going to go to a charity.

#42Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still go to them (just as an usual "hobby")... Nut I rarely buy anything from them (unless it's something I've been looking for a long time and I haven't found anywhere else yet).

I always prefer to buy everything new.

4. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I shop at secondhand stores frequently. In the Philippines, we call the thrift shop "Ukay-ukay". Ukay-ukay is a store wherein secondhand items such as clothes, bags, accessories, and shoes are being sold at a cheaper price. Ukay-ukay is the best store to go if you're looking for good quality clothes (although they are used) without breaking your bank. We all know that not everyone can't afford expensive items so secondhand stores are the best alternative way that will sustain their preferences.

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh sure I do. I love hunting for bargains and those rare beautiful items from second hand stores. I buy things like jackets and books, furniture from second hand stores. The one item I do get hesitant about and do not buy from a thrift shop are some types of clothes and shoes. I just feel these can be too personal to share.

6. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    It really depends on what I want to buy. I would never take home second-hand shoes no matter how new they look. Generally, any type of used clothing is a no for me. Buying used equipment, tools and furniture is okay because you don't feel the 'energy' of the previous owners as you have put it:D. It is a great way to save a little cash or sometimes a large heap of money. Stores that sell used items often have stuff that you wouldn't find anywhere else and this is a really big part of the reason I prefer to get my equipment there.

7. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I do check some thrift shops that are near my place but I just check on shoes or pants, laptops and phones. I do not like buying other stuff like washing machines or refrigerators that are used unless the store has some warranty just in case the item breaks.

8. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I like going to second-hand stores for glassware. I make glasses with stones on them for craft shows and these types of stores have a variety of glasses to choose from, which sell quickly with my designs on them. My sister shops theses types of stores for fashion. Things she gets are not something I would look twice at if I were to go shopping for myself. She tells me to just try it on, and when I do, OMG, it looks and feels great! I did have a shirt that smelt like the previous owner's perfume. I had to wash it 4 times before it smelled like Tide.

9. Michael Justice

Michael JusticeNew Member

Threads:
    The best online store for generic remedies is Rxnrx.com