Do you get a Rush when you get a great Deal?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Zyni • Oct 14, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For some people bargain shopping is an art form. It becomes a hobby, not just a way of life. Do you get super excited when you get a great deal? Is finding the best bargain a rush? Do you brag about your deals to other people? I get kind of excited, and I tend to brag a little bit about the really big deals I find.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I am definitely not one of those people who get excited about bargains or shopping in general. If it was up to me, I would send my partner, or pay someone to go shopping for me, until the rest of my life. I simply can't stand it. The only thing that I don't mind, is going to the farmer's market, as it is outdoors, and you can find "real" food there, made by "real people". As far as shopping for clothes and other items is concerned, I really have difficulties to bring myself to do it, and usually leave it to the last minute.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a relative that sounds just like you, Dora. He is the type that knows exactly what he wants or needs, gets to the store, and gets in and out in record time. No Black Friday crazy shenanigans for him, and no checking for bargains - just get it and get out. If he can order online, even better.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get much of a rush, but I do take advantage of all the deals that I'm interested in.
    I know in advance what items are on sale at a given time, since I visit my supermarket's website, so when I'm at home planning my shopping list I include the items that I usually buy and are on sale.
    There's never the rush of being at the shop and seeing something discounted that I wasn't expecting.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I'm usually aware of the grocery sales too unless there is an unannounced special. I love it when I'm out shopping for other stuff or shopping online, like birthday or holiday shopping or something like that, and I find a really fantastic gift or other item for a great price. It makes me happy.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Haha yes. I really feel excited and happy when I get a good deal on something. It doesn't have to be anything specific. As long as I get something for a very low price, I feel very proud about it. :p I try not to buy too many though.

7. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I guess so. Just recently I bought some clothes online with huge discounts, they just arrived yesterday and I am really happy because they were super cheap, but with great quality, I'd say 70 or 80% discount on each item, a real bargain. :)

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get a mini buzz when I see something I've wanted reduced and am glad I waited. When I see a good bargain I get excited and snap it up, but then I think do I really need it and then weight up the pros and cons so I'm not buying it for the sake of it. I do get tempted with double discounts and calculate how much I save, so yes I get a rush, but I don't brag but pass on the message so others can get the bargain too.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do feel some excitement whenever I come across a great promo but even then I try and be more calculating towards them since there's usually a catch. That said, I still love finding these and as much as possible don't like passing them up. I don't really brag that much about it though but that's only due to my own behavior and I totally get why other people love speaking about their discoveries and I do enjoy hearing about it.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure that most people get excited when they come across a good deal. I'm no different either but I don't make it a habit to be always on the look-out for great deals because most of the things I buy normally sell at almost the same price in most outlets. Whenever I stumble into a great deal though, I'll tell others about where I bought something at a slightly lower price so that they too, can take advantage of it.

11. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I guess "brag" wasn't really the right word as it seems to have come off negative. I should have said share. I like to tell people about the bargains I get. My mom and I will call each other to talk about great deals we find.

12. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Bargain shopping really is an art form and I honestly wish I could get the hang of doing it in bulk like you see people do on that show extreme couponing. At CVS the other day I got a $2.50 dollar coupon to spend on anything in the store and I got a big bag of chips that was on sale and ended up spending only 49 cents on it which for sure was a rush. I just wish I could get more off on groceries, but I'll figure it out eventually lol.

13. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I get a little rush from it.

I think that's one of the ways shop-owners get people to buy things. If there's something I can use, that I don't need right now, but it's heavily discounted or there's more of it available for less; I'll buy it and have the 'sense of accomplishment' that comes from knowing "I spent a little extra NOW so I don't have to pay a LOT extra in the long-run!

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I also get a rush when I come across a good deal, but for me it comes in the form of bidding on Ebay. And that's why I end up buying things that I don't need, just because the prices are low. I don't mind collecting them though.

15. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I get a rush, I love hunting for things and finding deals. I like going into clothes shops and finding bargains. I also like food bargains. Buy one get one free.

16. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I have money to make a purchase, I do get a rush when I see great deals. It seems as though I wanna make a purchase every time I see great deals. However, if I don't have cash, I just let the great deals slide. My girlfriend is much more notorious when it comes to these deals. She can't contain.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am much like Dora, know what I want when I go to the store, get in there and get out. I always try to go early as possible, to many people in the store, I will leave even if I am not finnish with my shopping. I do not like crowds at all.

18. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of shopping online, and yeah I supposed I do get a little "rush" when I get a good bargain. I usually use my Google-fu to find coupon codes to get certain percentages off or free shipping on orders. It's always nice to get something for a bit cheaper, because you're saving some money.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do get excited when I get a good deal because saving money means I can do more for my daughter and make her life better.

20. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, a good deal basically it's money in our pockets, we get the stuff we need for half price or something like that, so of course it's exciting, it's money we save for our other needs.